Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hyper after anesthesia

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 4:09 pm
DS 20 months had a procedure done today under anesthesia and has been bouncing off the walls all day. Is that normal? Is it unlikely that he’ll sleep through the night? We’ve tried to get him down for a nap which has been moderately successful, normally he sleeps two hours at a time, but this has been half-hour cat naps. Any experienced moms have insight?

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 4:22 pm
Try an Epsom salt bath, methylated b12 and glutathione to support the pathways needed to detox the anesthetic.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 5:03 pm
Where would I get methylated B12 and glutathione? Oral? Any liquid or chewable brands that are okay kashrus-wise?

amother
Mayflower

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 5:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where would I get methylated B12 and glutathione? Oral? Any liquid or chewable brands that are okay kashrus-wise?
Maxi health makes a chewable methyl b12. You can ask your local health food store if they have a kid friendly glutathione. Epsom salt baths are also super effective and work on the same pathways and are usually very very calming to the nervous system

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 5:24 pm
That’s normal. Epsom salt baths alone were very affective for us.

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:47 pm
My child had general anesthesia 3 times in 6 months and this happened once and I remember we couldn't stop laughing in hospital by the things she was saying, the other times she was very irritable and sad.
No solution just to say it can happen
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics