Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
If someone asks not to voice note them, please don’t!
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:27 am
singleagain wrote:
OMG I had a teacher in highschool that wouldn't let us write notes bc her theory was "information goes in the ear, down the arm into the paper and doesn't stop in the brain" like .... Uhm, no maybe for you. But not for me. I think I took a small pencils and hide it in my first and took notes anyways

I would have struggled so much in that class. One year in college I had a teacher who insisted on giving us quizzes (he would say the questions out loud and we had to write the answers on a paper) at the end of every class (“because we just learned it, so of course you’ll know it!”) - I took excellent notes and was paying keen attention in class, yet consistently failed these quizzes because I needed time to process what I had heard and review my notes (visually!). Of course most other students liked the quizzes at the end of the class and I was the odd one out. Confused

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 12:04 pm
singleagain wrote:
OMG I had a teacher in highschool that wouldn't let us write notes bc her theory was "information goes in the ear, down the arm into the paper and doesn't stop in the brain" like .... Uhm, no maybe for you. But not for me. I think I took a small pencils and hide it in my first and took notes anyways

Did you go to Bruriah? Because I had a teacher like this too. I also discreetly took notes anyway. . .

I hate voice notes. I have ADHD and I have a hard time paying attention to things that are auditory only. However I also have a hard time taking notes due to dysgraphia. Seeing things in writing or listening to things while there is something to look at (like a video, slides, other visual info, or someone's face directed to me only (not like a class/lecture with no visuals)) is easiest for me to pay attention to. Voice notes are also inconvenient because I can't listen to them when my kids are around, there is too much going on around me or I don't want it to disturb the baby etc. I can quickly read a written message most of the time, but usually can't listen to a voice note.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:28 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
The worst is being in the supermarket and a family member sending a long voice note with a few more things to buy! I have to go up and down the aisles, re-listening to it again and again!

But sometimes DH is driving on his long commute and can’t easily stop to type.

In this case I just type it all as I'm listening and sens it back to them

singleagain

Post Fri, Sep 01 2023, 1:15 am
amother Moonstone wrote:
Did you go to Bruriah? Because I had a teacher like this too. I also discreetly took notes anyway. . .

Yup
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette