Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Meal Prep Encouragement
Previous  1  2  3

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 19 2021, 3:25 pm
Some questions, please! Do you freeze the apple crisp raw, or baked? Ready in a pan, or apples and crumble separate? Do the apples turn brown? Does the dessert come out crisp or a bit wet because frozen? Thanks!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 8:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Some questions, please! Do you freeze the apple crisp raw, or baked? Ready in a pan, or apples and crumble separate? Do the apples turn brown? Does the dessert come out crisp or a bit wet because frozen? Thanks!

Does anyone know if I can freeze apple crisp raw, ready to bake for later?

realsilver

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 8:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Does anyone know if I can freeze apple crisp raw, ready to bake for later?

I would freeze the apple part, snd then freeze the crisp part in a ziploc bag seperately. Otherwise you’ll have a soggy apple crisp!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I baked and then froze. (apples and crumbs together.) I've only done this once before. The topping wasn't crispy when I rewarmed it, but I don't think there was enough topping that it would be crispy anyway.

And, to update:
25. cookie dough-I'm not sure how to measure the amount. I used 6 cups of flour and froze it in 6 logs.

I'm still planning to make chicken soup tomorrow, but I may not update the list since I'm pretty much finished. And the freezer is super full. If it wasn't a chest, I probably wouldn't be able to make it stay closed!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:13 pm
realsilver wrote:
I would freeze the apple part, snd then freeze the crisp part in a ziploc bag seperately. Otherwise you’ll have a soggy apple crisp!

Thank you so much!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I baked and then froze. (apples and crumbs together.) I've only done this once before. The topping wasn't crispy when I rewarmed it, but I don't think there was enough topping that it would be crispy anyway.

And, to update:
25. cookie dough-I'm not sure how to measure the amount. I used 6 cups of flour and froze it in 6 logs.

I'm still planning to make chicken soup tomorrow, but I may not update the list since I'm pretty much finished. And the freezer is super full. If it wasn't a chest, I probably wouldn't be able to make it stay closed!

Thank you so much!

And enjoy the food and the fruits of your labor of love. It all sounds delicious.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Nov 25 2021, 9:25 pm
Wow wow wow!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics