Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Dying a sheitle

proudmom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 2:07 pm
Has anyone dyed their sheitle by themselves? If so how did you do it?

IBR

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 7:53 pm
I tried it was not a good idea unless you are a professional don't do you can realy kill your shaitel better pay the money and have it done. but if you realy want to try go to google and search wig dying there is a page that has instructions on wig care.

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 6:40 pm
I did it once and it came out nice but didn't last long-then I took it to be dye and it's too dark so she re dyed it and it's still to dark so it sit's on my husbands armoir Sad

proudmom

Post Fri, Aug 05 2005, 6:48 am
My sheitle got too light from the sun, So I need to darken it a little bit.

lola

Post Fri, Aug 05 2005, 1:05 pm
I have dyed my fall in the past and I find it to be simple. I would not try to do a full wig that has a white part because you rist dyeing the part too.

When I dye my fall I just pick a color that I think will work ( my color is med-dark brown, so that makes it simple) and follow the directions on the box.

I find it easiest when you apply the dye in sections/rows, starting with the bottom ( hold the rest up with a clip). Your wig should be on a sheitel head ( I like to use the styrofoam ones for this, because the dye will discolor the head.) and best attachted to a clap.

supermom

Post Sat, Aug 06 2005, 11:34 pm
the best thing to do is to take it to someone proffesional you don't want to be sorry unless you really want a new sheital anyhow.

proudmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 4:54 am
I called up someone and she said it cost 50 dollars to do it.

supermom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 8:42 am
they I say indulge on that money my as well pay the price then paying a fortune for another one. if you are still not conviced I will send you the money 8) LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels