Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
New county fair submissions

elisecohen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 9:48 am
We were talking about what we'll enter in the county fair, 9 yr old dd has an embroidered mouse she's been working on, 8 yr old ds wants to make jam, etc, and 6 yr old ds piped up, "I know! I'll make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to enter!" He was so excited about the idea...I have to tell him it's not a category they have most years Wink
Be well, Elise

Rochel Leah

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 11:12 am
Why not.? Let him make a creative , different type of pb and jelly sandwich..or they won't accept it?

I love county fairs, whenever I visit my grandmother we go to atleast two.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 11:58 am
Oh let him make it 8) and just give it and tell him it's there. Whatever they decide it's up to them. Wink But atleast you r not the bad one right Tongue Out

elisecohen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 5:58 pm
Won't work--we GO to the fair and all the kids make a big point of scouting out all their submissions and checking who won what (a big crisis last year because 9 yr old dd didn't win anything for her jam after making it all by herself, and her older sister scored better than her in art projects). He'll find no pbj there. We just have to find him something to enter that he wants--lego, art, etc. I hate entering any food other than canned stuff anyway because for it to be freshest you have to bring it over on Friday afternoon. If you just enter art, needlework, etc, you can bring it all by on Thursday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics