Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Laundry

how long does it take you to fold the laundry once its washed?
I do it right away  
 23%  [ 4 ]
within a few days  
 41%  [ 7 ]
a week or more  
 29%  [ 5 ]
never, who folds laundry?  
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Yael

Post Wed, Jul 28 2004, 10:05 am
how long does it take you to fold clean laundry?

Chanie

Post Wed, Jul 28 2004, 11:36 am
Often I wish I can leave it out for a couple of days when I'm really not up to it, but considering how small my apt is, it'll end of looking like a big mess. The longest it could wait is over night.

Yael

Post Wed, Jul 28 2004, 1:59 pm
sometimes if I'm feeling ambitious and I have the time I'll fold it all at once the whole 4 loads that I do during the day.(once a week) but usually I get to the first load and leave the rest for the next day or the next or the next. sometimes I leave it in the basket until the next time I do laundry and I need the basket.
the 9 days are like a vacation for me!! no pressure that I have to get to the laundry!!
I only had to do one load cuz my son woke up one morning with an explosion in his diaper and his bed was a mess so I had to wash the sheet and blanket. I know, it was kinda gross.

Last edited by Yael on Sun, Aug 22 2004, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 31 2004, 7:02 pm
Wow five loads...I wish I could five in a day.
I don't have a dryer and I have to hang all mine up and it takes about 1 dy to dry if it's a sunny hot day and if it is in the winter about 2 days and the most I can do in a day are two loads...the 9 days to me is not a relief, in fact I had just managed to empty out my laundry basket and felt great and then the 9 days arrived and I spent all 9 days watching my laundry basket over fill.
It would be so much easier with a dryer, especially with towels and baby stuff.
But there is no place to put a dryer in my place. I have heard of washer dryers, but they are very expensive and as I am renting and the washing machine I have isn't mine I don't see a point buying one.
But when my washing is dry I take it all off the line and fold it up neatly and put them away usually at night coz that is the only time I get to do that.

curlyhead

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 6:30 am
It takes me about 24h to wash a load since I don't have a washing machine in my apartment. There is a communal one in the building. And I try to do it when my son is sleeping or my husband is out. And the washing machine and dryer is on a timer thet does not let you do it after 8:30pm. And the dryer is so slow that it takes 2 hours to dry one load. Can't wait to get my own washing machine.
If I don't fold the laundry straight away then it takes me a couple days to fold it

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 9:36 am
Rivky I am in the same boat as you- I also dont have my own washer and dryer- share a communal one in the building. but bh my hubby does the laundry fro me at his moms house. I have to fold it right away , cuz there is no psace for me to keep it otherwise

micki

Post Sun, Aug 22 2004, 10:02 am
wow, I don't think I'll ever complain about doing laundry again (ofcourse I will) but you guys- have to do laundry when baby is asleep when hubby not home and before 8:30- that like never?
as I type I have 4 baskets looming to be folded- my husband throws the clothes in and out of the dryer washer, and carries the baskets up. then I have to fold and put away. there was one time when I was after birth and he washed all the laundry and threw it into a playpen. obviously with a 6 person household K"H the playpen filled in no time. he is not a fan of folding clothes, believes there is no point. so I complained that it is so hard to find those little socks when you have to dig through a mountain of clothes, and he told me he'll get little boxes, and seperate the clothes by size and type- I started laughing!!! I told them we have those boxes already- they are called drawers!!!

but eriously I hate folding laundry, but I hate digging for clothes more!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry