Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What kind of candlesticks/ candleholders do you use?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 11:38 am
DefyGravity wrote:
I had my silver candlesticks dipped so I don't have to polish them.

What does that mean you got them "dipped"? Polishing my candlesticks is such a pain and it looks nice only first week or two..

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:10 pm
I use glass/crystal, whatever you call it. I never liked most of the silver ones I saw, so when we were engaged we went to macy's and bought for very cheap a very nice glass set. one of them broke on the way to israel. so here we bought another 2. after my son was born we bought two small ones, the type marion put a picture of- "laser-prism", with the words shabbos kodesh on them. they are also much cheaper then silver.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 12:12 pm
Quote:
What does that mean you got them "dipped"? Polishing my candlesticks is such a pain and it looks nice only first week or two..

The place we purchased the candlesticks from had them dipped in some type of plastic or something so they'd never need to be polished. I've had them over a year and they look exactly like the sticks in the picture.

(It cost extra to have them dipped, but knowing my laziness, I'd never polish them).

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 2:06 pm
I use the silver ones I got when I got married, 2 small silver plated ones for kids got as wedding gift. then I have another about 3 sets plated one for bas mitzva and 2 plated for wedding and one porcelein set (one broke) that I got once inside shalach manos.

faigie

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 10:55 pm
im crazy into antique brass. I have a huge very very old brass fiver candelabra, and two very very old singles.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 3:15 am
funny I was given a very old bras bronze menora wihich has a story in itself....

chen

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 1:04 pm
I have a whole collection, though neither as large nor as varied as Marion's. In reality I use the same pair all the time, but if I have company I bring out the others for my guests to use. They're all silver. My cousin inherited our grandmothers', which are solid heavy brass, almost 100 years old, and polished like new.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 2:14 pm
okay I have 2 silver ones ... 2 crystal ones ... 2 pretty china ones ... and the girls each have a silver one ...

for guests or extras I also use tea light cups (the tea lights we light around the house - and I turn off all the lights - in the winter especially) ... and I have a nice israeli one from my mother's house (sh) not sure how I got it ...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note