Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Pregnant with twins in Israel!

amother

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 1:44 am
Hi,

I live in Israel and just found out I'm pregnant with twins!!

If you've been through the same experience, a few questions:

Did your dr recommend taking double folic acid?

Did you see a high risk dr or a regular OB?

What were the first few months like in terms of ultrasounds, blood tests and dr appointments?

Any other advice, tips or recommendations? (Ok if you don't love in Israel!)

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 2:46 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

I live in Israel and just found out I'm pregnant with twins!!

If you've been through the same experience, a few questions:

Did your dr recommend taking double folic acid?

Did you see a high risk dr or a regular OB?

What were the first few months like in terms of ultrasounds, blood tests and dr appointments?

Any other advice, tips or recommendations? (Ok if you don't love in Israel!)

It was almost 11 years ago (wow) I got pregnant with my twins here but from what I remember....
No, I didn't take folic acid & I saw a regular OB. The first few months were normal as far as ultrasounds and appointments. After the halfway point I had an ultrasound a month (I think) instead of just the 1 at 32 weeks.

Take it easy, don't go crazy getting 2 of everything, eat lots of protien and drink lots of water and try to REST and ENJOY. Twins are lots of work but 100x the bracha and nachas. I won't frighten you now with stories of pre tween girls. Enjoy the pregnancy, babies, and diapers while they last Very Happy

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 8:54 pm
early ultrasounds are important to rule out that they are in the same sac
which is very rare but can happen .

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:14 pm
Yay for twins! I also just found out that I am expecting twins, B'H, but I live in the states. I am taking double folic acid, it is the current recommendation from ACOG. I am also currently seeing a high risk MFM exclusively. But I also had a recent loss and my OB was uncomfortable handling my care and preferred me to be in the hands of a high risk doctor. I had one ultrasound at 7 weeks where I found out that I had twins, and that they are in two separate sacs. I will have another at 12 weeks, which is part of the sequential screening for down's and neural tube defects.

I know that many people with twins get relatively normal care compared with singleton pregnancies. I am much more anxious due to my recent loss and am therefore opting for some additional testing and every opportunity to see those little hearts beating, just for my peace of mind!

Hatzlacha with your pregnancy, hope you are feeling well!

working hard

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:34 pm
I gave birth to twins a year ago in Israel. I saw a high risk doctor because a regular OB does not do much in Israel at all. I was seen more often and was paid more attention to this way. It may be worth your while to plan your birth early. Decide if you want natural or not now and take steps accordingly. If you want natural, find a doctor who will go along with that. (I recommend Prof. Ezra in Ein Kerem or Dr. Baruch or Pinelis in Bikur Cholim.) Get a labor coach now who will be able to help you the whole pregnancy and answer all your questions. It was invaluable. This way if things happen quickly you will be prepared.

I gave birth at 39 weeks, but went into labor at 32 weeks. I would have had a c then, if not for the fact that I had a natural minded doctor who was willing to try to push off labor. (the hospital wanted me to deliver. If not for Prof. Ezra I would have.) In the end I gave birth naturally, to 2 healthy full term babies.

For the first few months, I saw the doctor once a month, instead of every 6 weeks which is standard. I had 1 early ultrasound to check sacks, placentas and gestational age. I had an ultrasound at 20 weeks, 22 weeks because they could not see everything they needed at the 20 week one and then once a month until the last 6 weeks, where it was weekly and then for the last 2 weeks, twice a week. I had blood tests at 24 weeks and that is it. With a multiple pregnancy, blood test results are not as accurate.

I highly recommend the book "When You're Expecting Twins. Triplets, or Quads by Dr. Barbara Luke. It is a very practical book written in layman's terms with everything you need to know. She details your nutrition which is very important and how to take care of yourself. It is not full of medical terminology. I found it very helpful.

Please eat correctly. It can make a big difference in the end.
If you have any specific questions about anything having to do with your pregnancy in Israel, please ask me. I would be more than happy to help.

Hatzlacha Rabba

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:38 pm
I also recently found out were having twins! I'm in the U.S. too but interested in following this thread. I found out at 5 weeks that it was twins (from RE)and heard heartbeats at 6 and 7 wks) I am planning on using my reg OB - I hope that's not a mistake. I have a 16 month old and was happy w them for her pregnancy and birth. Also I got scared reading the above poster write about the double folic acid. I haven't even been taking regular amount every day cuz it makes me nauseous. How bad is that?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 10:12 pm
I am in the U.S. and pregnant with twins. I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. I found out at 11 n half weeks after I heard 2 heartbeats on a rented at home doppler and told my midwife who said she would like to give me an ultrasound to check it out!
Very important to add to your vitamin regiment is chelated magnesium with calcium. The recommended dosage with twins is 800 milligrams of magnesium. I didnt take it over Pesach and started having contractions. The day after I restarted all the contractions went away! It also helps with acid reflux and ligament pain among 100 other things!! (Thats not an exaggeration btw).
Wondering if anyone else is around the same week as me?

working hard

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 9:08 am
Please, please take folic acid. If you cannot handle the pills take foods high in folic acid. It is very important.

Rainbows613

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:08 am
I recently gave birth to twin girls.. I was in Israel but went abroad-to family for the actual birth. In Israel I used Dr Pinelles-he was great.. if this is your first birth do birth classes a little earlier bc twins can arrive early-I had to be induced 38weeks+. For the first 3 months folic acid is really really important but I was told to stop taking after that! would love to answer any other questions you have if I can! Basha tova-there is nothing as yummy as twins!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more