Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dumb question: how do you grocery shop with an infant?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 1:52 pm
I put the infant car seat in the bigger part of the cart and then I put food around it plus in the front "seat." I also put a basket on the bottom rack of the cart, where some people put cases of cans etc, and fill up the basket to the very top. I actually fit a lot this way.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:19 pm
no wonder your name is splitpea ... you can sure multi-task & carry those kids

I couldn't even carry 1 kid in a thingy ... then again he was over 10 lbs when he was born ... never tried with the other kiddies

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 2:34 pm
they do make shopping carts with infant seats built in ... & also carts with big red trucks in front for toddlers to be pushed around

http://video.about.com/babypar.....y.htm

pobody's nerfect

Post Mon, Sep 30 2013, 3:01 pm
read this
http://macon.13wmaz.com/news/n.....s_bn5

I shop weekly with all 3 of my kids (4, 2, 4 months). I wouldn't be able to put much food in the cart if I put the snap 'n go in there. so I wear my baby- I really like the baby ktan wrap. then I either get a regular cart for my 2 year old, and the 4 year old walks, or I use one of the fancy 'car carts' my store has where both kids can ride.

I don't bribe my kids to behave. they do each get to choose one thing to buy, if they have good middos ,but it is not a treat they can eat immediately, and it often is not even candy. (I let them help me decide what dessert to make for shabbos, or choose a type of cracker, etc.)

for a while, I made a picture shopping list for my son with 9 items. he carried around a clipboard and crossed each item off as we bought it. when it got boring, I added 3 letters under each picture and he would circle the letter that the food started with. he isn't interested in that anymore, but it worked for a long time!

squirrel

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 10:12 am
Wow splitpea you are remarkable!
My dh does the shopping because I cant even shop with one child.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 10:44 am
I wear the baby or take her in the stroller. I go to a local store while it is empty (I've figured out the times by now). I keep baby in stroller and take a separate shopping cart. I park the cart near the front of the store. I put a shopping basket on the hood of the stroller. every time the basket is filled, I empty it into the parked cart. once the baby is big enough to sit in the cart, she goes there. when she can walk, she walks next to me. when all three kids are home, I don't mind shopping with all of them. the older ones are allowed to pick a treat, but I always reserve the right to veto.

black sheep

Post Tue, Oct 01 2013, 12:37 pm
split pea you are supermomma!!! and your kids are adorable.

I use an infant carrier (I like the Bjorn) for shopping. but I only wear one at a time Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics