Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Car insurance!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 4:38 pm
We pay 280$/month for full coverage on a lease through liberty mutual. (Due to an accident the payments went up )
Any ideas for different places that may be cheaper? Looked into geico didn't really offer much for us...or maybe someone here knows of a broker that can help out? I live in nj.

ElTam

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 5:09 pm
Do an internet search. That's an outrageous rate, I would think. We pay less than $100 a month for two vehicles. Unless you are driving a very expensive car, live in a high-crime area and your accident was something really significant, not just a run-of-the mill traffic accident, you should be able to find something else at a better rate.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 6:11 pm
Were both under 25 and the accident was a biggie.

ROFL

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 7:54 pm
Try progressive. They have a program called snapshot that helps reduce your bill. My insurance that I had for many years wanted to charge us $25,000 for four cars. Five drivers three under 25 with an accident and some points. Progressive is charging us only $13,000. And no their is no error in those numbers !

perquacky

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 10:56 am
If you have both your car and homeowner's (or renter's) insurance with one company, they often offer better rates. Travelers has been pretty good to us.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 12:30 pm
I thought I was the only one playing $10,000 a year for car insurance

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:35 pm
Call an agent, rather than the company directly. They can usually find you better rates at different companies.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 1:42 pm
when you lease a car the insurance rates are exorbitant ... accidents are looked at by every insurance company before taking you on & they take that into account charging you more as well ... keep calling around though

you can only have minimum coverage on a fully owned vehicle [if you don't care about damage on your own car it can be even less]

sky

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 4:01 pm
What about if you taking a driving course (online). It could bring down your rate.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 8:34 pm
Progressive qouted me for 190 a month~ huge savings so far...Im going to try a couple more~
thanks everyone for your help!

amother

Post Tue, Dec 11 2012, 8:40 pm
If you can improve your credit your rates improve.

Tamiri

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 3:06 am
I always thought what we pay in Israel is outrageous. This seems over the top!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics