Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chocolate class help please with ideas

supermom

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 2:50 am
I was asked to make a class for sixth and seventh graders. I am going to be making chocolate dreidals and menorahs out of molds. How do I do this since I only have like five molds only of the driedals and two molds of the menorahs. What else can I teach them to do? How to glaze cakes with chocolate? Make chocolate cups? I have no idea. Help With suggestions I am clueless. And do I melt the chocolate while they are all standing around and just watching? How do I do things with ten girls? I have never taught anything before. The class is going to be next sunday morning.

Oh and how much do I charge each girl? It is suppose to run about an hour. There is going to be ten girls.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 7:36 am
Supermom,. I have tons of molds. I'll be glad to lendf them to you. the girls will hve a choice!

Otehrwise, let some decorate dreidal cookies!

gryp

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 8:35 am
supermom, you can always do the peanut butter/chocolate activity.
make peanut butter filling, shape it into dreidels or some other Chanukah shape, dunk it in the melted chocolate, and let sit until it hardens. you dont even need a freezer or molds for that, and they taste great. if you like peanut butter, anyway.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 8:40 am
Hey you could buy enough molds and add that into supplies they pay for. Let them bring some home to make again later. Chocolate lollipop molds perhaps (chanuka shapes of course), plus decorative little bags & ribbons to give individuals to friends.

faigie

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 8:53 am
oh id love to know how to make choc molds and maybe something fancy along the lines of using those molds.. id do it for purim!
can someone please give some tips ideas and or recipes???

supermom

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 9:17 am
Faigie it is easy just by the plastic chocolate molds and fill with melted chocolate then let harden.

GR How do I make the pb filling? Sounds like a great idea!!

CM I have a ton of molds but I want to do other things besides the molds.

Any ideas what I can give/make for them to bring everything home in? By the way they added the first-fifth grade for me.

gryp

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 10:24 am
supermom, the recipe is in the purple cookbook, I dont remember it offhand. ill look it up for you later iyh if you dont have it. it's basically peanut butter with margarine and confectioners sugar.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 11:21 am
what about making cupcakes and having them decorate the cupcakes with chanuka stuff - sure they sell dreidel sprinkels somewhere - or what about using a cookie cutter in frosting for shape and decorate w/any sprinkles or different color frostings

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Dec 07 2006, 11:23 am
Oh. so as I said, b ring the cookies and have the kids decorate them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics