Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Anyone else have a 3 and 4 yr old who do their laundry?!
Previous  1  2

mom42

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 1:12 am
My 2 yr old helps me w' laundry.
She puts the pile of clothes I prepared into the washing machine.
and then presess the buttons I tell her to press.
She also hands me the clothes one at a time, to hang on the line.
That way when pregnant I don't have to do too much bending, and she's very proud of it.

bonzie

Post Mon, Jun 26 2006, 1:23 am
goldrose your kids are yumsters!!

Jo

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 8:06 am
My DS enjoys helping me to empty our dishwasher. It means I don't have to bend over as he likes to pass everything to me - VERY useful Very Happy

raizy

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 8:16 pm
didan my 6 yr old does the same. he stands on a stool and takes out of the washing machine and then he hands it over to my 5 yr old and she puts it in the dryer. they only do it for a "speical"treat" it takes way to much time.

also they love folding so I let them fold their p.j. and towels. ooh well all the clean towels are on the floor being folded. .... how clean are the towels now???

didan

Post Wed, Jul 26 2006, 8:34 pm
B"H

raizy wrote:
also they love folding so I let them fold their p.j. and towels. ooh well all the clean towels are on the floor being folded. .... how clean are the towels now???

When my kids do that, I have them do it on the carpet so, it's less dirty that way.

raizy

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 7:57 pm
I dont have any carpets in my house do to allergies.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 8:45 pm
Sounds like you are really pround of your kids, of course you wouldn't want to brag or anything by submitting this post, Wink

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Aug 06 2006, 8:57 pm
When my son with Down syndrome was a little boy and he came home from his first summer at Camp Hasc, he joined us in the country. Needless to say, he came home with tons of dirty clothes. I washed and washed and washed, and when I had no more koach at night I threw his expensive Shabbos clothes into the wash machine in preparation of starting again as soon as I'd wake up in the morning. Well, Moishey beat me to it! He woke up earlier, opened the wash machine door (all the clothes were dry - remember, they were waiting to be washed that morning), got hold of a gallon bleach, and poured bleach all over the dry clothes. Everything discolored and got ruined! So much for my effort at dressing him in designer clothing, and so much for little ones helping with the laundry!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers