Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Getting the loudmouth, bossy twin to let her brother speak!

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jun 06 2010, 12:27 am
Reena wants to hear her own voice all day long and it's a constant monologue of some English, some singing, some "Reena- speak" and some all out babble that makes us go "what the #$%#$% did she just say??".

Chananiah has autism and until very recently didn't say a word unless he was screaming. Now he says some words and even some sentences.

In preschool they're in separate classes so Chananiah can get a word in edgewise, Baruch HaShem. When they're home, he lets her do all the talking. If I ask them both a question, she answers. I'll say "great, now it's your brother's turn to answer." she'll answer again. Savta will call and I'll hold out the phone to her so she can say hi savta. then I hold it up to her brother and she yells hi savta again. He has no interest in speaking if she's in the room and can't keep her trap shut. (who can blame him?)

I've tried asking her to take turns, literally putting my hand over her mouth (she thinks it's a game and licks me), shushing her, trying to get him to speak despite her running monologue in the background.

any ideas??

They're 3 and a half.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more