Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
SPENDING YOM TOV with PARENTS & IN LAWS

queen

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 10:50 pm
How do you split up yom tov between parents and in laws?

queen

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 11:01 pm
We drive to my parents (several hours away) and then drive back home Sad in order to fly round trip to my in laws.
Wish we could just fly from my parents directly to in laws, without having to come home in middle of yom tov however tickets are MUCH, MUCH more expensive from my parents directly to in laws.... plus how would we get our car back from my parents?

hisorerus

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 11:05 pm
We just don't split the same Yom Tov. Better Pesach here and Sukkos there than half and half!

Tefila

Post Sat, Mar 18 2006, 11:27 pm
What hisorerus said makes the most sense I mean otherwise you will be so stressed out that you will need another vacation Confused

MMEC123

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 3:21 am
We live in the same city as my in-laws so since we got married it has been the unspoken agreement that we go to my parents for both Pesach & Succos (only time of year we see them).

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 7:08 am
I have it the opposite, well, sort of, from MMEC123, we live in a different continent from my in laws and my parent. they each live in a different continent as well, so we dont go to either one. we just do chagim with friends where we live or with some family we have here or adopted family...Smile

mali

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 11:54 am
we're the ones inviting.

happymom

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 11:56 am
I go to parents for both yomim tovim cuz I also live in the same city as my in laws and would like to spend time with my family too.

Pickle Lady

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:02 pm
I wish I had a violin and could play....pooorrrr babbbbbyyyyyyy!!!!!!

jewgal84

Post Sun, Mar 19 2006, 12:09 pm
lol pickle lady!!!

My parents, in-laws and us don't live in the same city although it is all in driving distance (by a couple of hours). So we usually split up! Sukkos, my parents come to NY either way, so it makes it easier as far as travelling. Last year Pesach, my parents came to my grandparents (same city as us) so the driving wasnt too bad Wink !!! This yr they might stay home... Yikes!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics