Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Not getting paid - I'm so frustrated

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:43 am
I'm doing this amother to prevent l'h as at least someone hear will know who this is.

I have a number of times not gotten paid for work I did. I am a freelancer.

Now it happened again - I gave someone a price - I did 60% of the work. they agreed on the price over a month ago - unfortunately nothing in writing -- today when I asked them for what I'm waiting for to finish off the job they told me they got price quotes for 1/4 of the price of mine so they will not pay my price -
it's not fair -- I'm a professional and my prices are not newbie prices who are just doing to get started - I have a business and my work is quality work.

What would you do???
what can I to protect myself???

avigailmiriam

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:45 am
In the future, can you get part of the payment up front, part when you're halfway done and the rest upon completion?

Also, do you have a written agreement from this person indicating your price and their commitment to paying? In that case, take them to small claims court.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:48 am
I'm not sure what you can do in this case..nothing was in writing.

For the future: contact a lawyer and compose a contract that both you and the other party must sign. I would suggest that you include that you will be paid for any work that you have done, regardless of the whether they choose to have you complete the project. I suggest a non-refundable deposit as well.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 10:50 am
I would never, ever start a job without confirmation either by email or in writing.

If it's a big sum of money I divide it up as I do the work - say paying the money in 2 or 3 installments as I finish that amount of work.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 22 2009, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
What would you do???
what can I to protect myself???

That's why I work for someone, not myself.

raizy

Post Tue, Apr 07 2009, 12:05 am
contract contract contract... always get everything in writing.. why would u even start to work and waste your time if they wont pay u.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers