Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Maxi cosi foray or britax vigour

amother

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:15 pm
anyone have any of these strollers? if yes how do you like it?

tato

Post Mon, Aug 10 2009, 11:43 pm
My sister has the maxi cosi.. And I LLOOOVEE it!! It storlls so nice.. The basket under is great.. It reclines all the way down.. Or have it high up straight as a high chair.. In emergencies.. U can even use the stroller seat as a car seat!! (Not recomended unless emergency calls forit and better than holding a child on ur lap).. It connects to maxi cosi baby carseat .. What can u say... Its the $300 bugaboo (or is uppa baby the new bugaboo??)

bbmom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 8:34 am
Don't know about the maxi cosi but it looks nice. The Britax is huge, bulky, and heavy, and the britax carseat is one of the heaviest infant seats on the market. I considered it until I saw it.

(ps you're getting the same for your money with the maxi cosi as with the uppa - $350 without the bassinet. If there was one you'd be paying about $200 more Wink)

Babies r us has 168 ratings on the maxi cosi!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 12:14 pm
I can get the Uppa Baby without the bassinet?

bbmom

Post Tue, Aug 11 2009, 11:12 pm
No you can't.

I was just pointing out that you're getting the same amount for your money - you're paying less but you're getting less.

On the other hand the maxi cosi stroller does look like a nice stroller, maybe you should go to babies r us and check it out.

GingerSpice

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 8:49 am
tato wrote:
My sister has the maxi cosi.. And I LLOOOVEE it!! It storlls so nice.. The basket under is great.. It reclines all the way down.. Or have it high up straight as a high chair.. In emergencies.. U can even use the stroller seat as a car seat!! (Not recomended unless emergency calls forit and better than holding a child on ur lap).. It connects to maxi cosi baby carseat .. What can u say... Its the $300 bugaboo (or is uppa baby the new bugaboo??)

Whhaaaatt?? I have this stroller... umm... it works as a snap-in-go with the maxicosi carseat but the actual stroller seat is not a carseat and shouldn't be used as one.
Where did you see this? Sure your not talking about the pricey orbit stroller?

On the side... the stroller worked great for me but now that its a year old, the foam around the handle peice is just coming off from wear, no one is picking at it. Also the bag worked great but if you put too many things in it, or just a heavy diaper bag it hits the front wheels making it a pain to try and steer.

tato

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 9:02 am
GingerSpice wrote:
tato wrote:

Whhaaaatt?? I have this stroller... umm... it works as a snap-in-go with the maxicosi carseat but the actual stroller seat is not a carseat and shouldn't be used as one.

On the side... the stroller worked great for me but now that its a year old, the foam around the handle peice is just coming off from wear, no one is picking at it. Also the bag worked great but if you put too many things in it, or just a heavy diaper bag it hits the front wheels making it a pain to try and steer.

I said NOT recommended and its not made for that BUT if u were in a situation where u have no car seat for ur child and u needed to get in the car and have the option of holding ur child on ur lap or him being securly strapped into the stroller and then putting the seat belt around him as if it were a buster seat.. I'd rather go for that than the lap idea... ONLY in emergency situations

GingerSpice

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 9:10 am
tato wrote:
GingerSpice wrote:
tato wrote:

I said NOT recommended and its not made for that BUT if u were in a situation where u have no car seat for ur child and u needed to get in the car and have the option of holding ur child on ur lap or him being securly strapped into the stroller and then putting the seat belt around him as if it were a buster seat.. I'd rather go for that than the lap idea... ONLY in emergency situations

have you done this? because all have to look at my stroller seat again.. but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't even sit nicely like a booster seat.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 8:40 pm
Ginger is the stroller worth buying? I saw online that it has a lot of steps to close it, is that hard?

GingerSpice

Post Wed, Aug 12 2009, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
Ginger is the stroller worth buying? I saw online that it has a lot of steps to close it, is that hard?

I don't find it hard to close and open...
I would like to hear from others how their held up after more then a years use,
I've only had it for that long.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics