Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Buy at a sale or privately at sheitel macher

amother
OP  

Post Today at 1:31 pm
Option A: buy for very cheap at a sale, $800-1000 plus pay for cut, possible highlights or cap alterations, baby hairs. (Or hairline if doing lace which I probably am not)
Will not have any warranty and I would not know the quality of the wig beforehand. Cost: 1500-1800

Option 2: buy at sheitel macher, purchase a “brand” wig that has a warranty and a place to turn if there are issues, ie irene, ZQ (Zissi), etc, cut included but pay for baby hairs. Might have easier time finding the right color so no need to highlight it. Cost: 2500-2800

Wwyd?

I have a budget of about 2800 (wish I had more to get a virgin hair wig but as of today it seems Hashem doesn’t have that in mind for me Smile )

amother
Sienna

Post Today at 1:34 pm
I’m a SM. Answer is -

1. Do u trust yourself @ a sale? Do u think you’ll walk out with the right color/length/ size? Do u feel you have a critical eye to be able to tell if it’s laying on u right/ flat enough etc?

2. Do u care not to have anyone stand behind it?

I’ve cut gorgeous pieces that people have gotten on sale and some bad ones too ..

amother
  OP  

Post Today at 1:44 pm
amother Sienna wrote:
I’m a SM. Answer is -

1. Do u trust yourself @ a sale? Do u think you’ll walk out with the right color/length/ size? Do u feel you have a critical eye to be able to tell if it’s laying on u right/ flat enough etc?

2. Do u care not to have anyone stand behind it?

I’ve cut gorgeous pieces that people have gotten on sale and some bad ones too ..

I don’t trust myself at a sale but I sadly don’t have a SM who I trust either. Mine moved away and I haven’t found a replacement. I’ve been to a few places to try on peices but they all tell me different things.

I can probably tell what fits, length, and size- color might be harder. I don’t have a very critical eye but I’m being picky at the SM so I can probably be picky at a sale.

I hate the pressure though/ so many women, trying stuff on haphazardly…

I would rather someone stand behind it because I don’t want to throw money in the garbage, although I havent had an actual lemon sheitel in about ten years. (I did have one sheitel that I bought two years at an SM that looked and looks horrible on me, not sure how she let me get it! And it doesn’t fit so well.)

amother
Topaz

Post Today at 1:51 pm
Honestly I’ve never found a sheitel macher who really stands behind their peices… the most they give is 6 months and then when you need anything they don’t take responsibility even if they were the ones who did it wrong in the first place….

I personally am trying the 1st Option you gave right now, ask me again in a year if I regret or not.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 1:53 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Honestly I’ve never found a sheitel macher who really stands behind their peices… the most they give is 6 months and then when you need anything they don’t take responsibility even if they were the ones who did it wrong in the first place….

I personally am trying the 1st Option you gave right now, ask me again in a year if I regret or not.

I hope you love your new wig and enjoy it! Thanks for chiming in.

chocolate moose

Post Today at 4:22 pm
sometimes a sale piece has sofmething wrong with it that a regular person might not notice but a sheital macher would

amother
Garnet

Post Today at 4:33 pm
I would go with option one only if you go right when they open maybe even try coming in 5 min before if they let you so you have a min alone before things go crazy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels