Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How much do your kids eat after school?

amother
OP

Post Yesterday at 9:03 pm
I don't feel like it ever stops. From the moment they get home until bedtime it feels like they are grazing through the cabinets.

Sure I try to catch them with fruits or veggies after school but they are always snacking. I know I know get them to eat protein. Then they want oatmeal after dinner.

I must be doing something wrong. Ages 8-12.

teachkids

Post Yesterday at 9:08 pm
Dinner when we get home and then sometime second dinner when we eat.

amother
Crimson

Post Yesterday at 9:25 pm
I used to do that as a kid. I was starving. I ate small breakfast I didn't eat school lunches. I couldn't get to myself when I came home. Maybe you prepare your kids lunch to take along to school.

amother
Trillium

Post Yesterday at 10:13 pm
my son has a bottomless pit instead of a stomach. I pack him SO MUCH FOOD (inc 2 kinds of proteins normally), he needs dinner the minute he comes home, and he will keep eating as long as there is food on the table. Whenever he starts a new year, I get a call from his morah that he needs more food because he's the only child who finished everything in his lunchbox....I'm like relax, no matter how much I pack him, he will finish it...he's a very high energy child (I stongly suspect ADHD but I think may be too young to test for it)

amother
Aqua

Post Yesterday at 10:17 pm
Same.
I make a very filling supper that is ready as soon as they get all and will offer doubles or triples and still 30 minutes later they are scrounging around for more food.

soproud

Post Yesterday at 10:49 pm
Same in my household!
Supper as soon as they get home, then it’s snacking session #1 followed by snacking session #2.
I often place sliced fruit and veggies on the table and they graze throughout the evening. I rarely have leftovers to clean up.

giftedmom

Post Yesterday at 11:49 pm
They’re growing kids! Omg I love when my kids eat a lot before a growth spurt. Make sure there are plenty of healthy or semi-healthy and filling options available, don’t buy the real junk, and let them fill up. Many kids don’t eat the school lunches as others said.

tichellady

Post Today at 12:14 am
One of my kids doesn’t eat at school so yes she does most of her eating when she’s home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics