Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Are all boys like this?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:01 pm
I have two boys who are toilet trained, one for a few years, one for over half a year. Both are constantly wet because they hold themselves in till they can’t anymore. The older one usually leaks but goes to the bathroom eventually. Younger one literally will deny needing to go and will fight me till he’s peeing in the toilet (I literally have to drag him there because he refuses to go). I’m so frustrated. They are always wet and smelly! Never mind how smelly my bathrooms are since they starting using them (when they do!).

Is this normal? How can I get my kids to go when they need to?? And especially that the younger one should go and not fight me till we make it to the toilet. Even bribing doesn’t help.

amother
Tuberose  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:02 pm
It's normal. Some kids are so into their playing that they remember the last minute to make a dash for the bathroom and sometimes they don't make it on time. You can prevent that by making them go to the bathroom every hour or by gently reminding them and asking them if they have to go.
It sorts itself out in a few years.... Hang in there.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:07 pm
amother Tuberose wrote:
It's normal. Some kids are so into their playing that they remember the last minute to make a dash for the bathroom and sometimes they don't make it on time. You can prevent that by making them go to the bathroom every hour or by gently reminding them and asking them if they have to go.
It sorts itself out in a few years.... Hang in there.

I can see they need to go and they still deny it! I have to drag my son there.

amother
  Tuberose

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can see they need to go and they still deny it! I have to drag my son there.
They're dancing around plotzing for the bathroom and they will still insist that they don't have to go.

amother
Alyssum

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:25 pm
I have toilet trained 7 boys bH and no, this is not "normal". It does happen but it's not standard across the board. A child should not be smelly and wet.

I would buy them each a digital watch and set the timer on the hour, when it beeps you go, if they go every time it beeps they get to keep the watch. Until they start going often enough that they get into better habits.

About the bathrooms, why are they smelly? Are they missing the toilet? They may need to learn how to aim, how to lift the seat, how to check when they're done that they haven't left a mess.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:31 pm
amother Alyssum wrote:
I have toilet trained 7 boys bH and no, this is not "normal". It does happen but it's not standard across the board. A child should not be smelly and wet.

I would buy them each a digital watch and set the timer on the hour, when it beeps you go, if they go every time it beeps they get to keep the watch. Until they start going often enough that they get into better habits.

About the bathrooms, why are they smelly? Are they missing the toilet? They may need to learn how to aim, how to lift the seat, how to check when they're done that they haven't left a mess.

I keep Clorox wipes in the drawer near the toilet makes it easier, I still check the bathroom after he goes

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:35 pm
No not really normal in my experience.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 3:39 pm
My boys (5&8) hold themselves till the last second and sometimes soil their pants. It’s frustrating.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 4:00 pm
For the amothers saying it’s not normal, any suggestions? They refuse to go even when I try to take them on a schedule.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training