Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Note from Chasan to Kallah
1  2  Next

mbaila  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:31 pm
Hi everyone,
My son is about to gift his Kallah a set of Machzorim for Rosh Hashana and he asked me to help him with some ideas on what to include in his note or poem to his kallah.
Anyone's help is appreciated. Thanks and have a gut yor!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:33 pm
A don't
Google a poem and copy. If she finds it online she'll not appreciate it.

OddoneOut1

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:50 pm
Encourage him to either verbalise or think through what he wants to tell her, and then you can help with grammar/sentence structure if he’s struggling with that
It should come from his heart and doesn’t need to be a literary novelty

amother
Clover  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:52 pm
Tell him this is something a mother shouldn't be helping with. It should come from him.

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:53 pm
He should write what a beautiful future he imagines together IYH with her and all the amazing hopes, dreams and aspirations they will accomplish together. I think that’s the sweetest most heart melting thing ever.

Hey123

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 12:54 pm
The letter should come from his heart.

Should write how he's excited to start a life with her and what he likes about her.

Maybe a bracha that they should be zoche to build a bayis neeman biyisroel and have healthy children who will follow in their paths...

Good luck!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:06 pm
Sorry to sound harsh. But if he can’t find 2 sentences to put together to his bride he should just say Good YT.

singleagain

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:16 pm
This might sound. I don't know what I'm going to get reaction to this but

Watch some rom-coms that have you know personalized vows and see the kind of things that they say and just tell him to write something similar to that. But about his bride you know like a lot of times you get really sweet, cute, beautiful, emotional vows. That's the kind of thing I think that people want to hear

amother
Stonewash

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:19 pm
Either something super personal or Just write his initials. She will know if he writes a generic letter...

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:26 pm
amother Clover wrote:
Tell him this is something a mother shouldn't be helping with. It should come from him.

He’s not asking her to write it, just for help with ideas. Not everyone is great at starting off, and some people need a little push in the right direction.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:27 pm
How about something like this...

As we embark on this new journey together, I hope those machzorim will help you daven for us to have a good gebenshed year.
I can't wait for our chasuna! I wish you(us!) a happy and sweet new year! May we always be as happy as we are now!

Truthfully I think he should think a little harder and not have his mother write it!!! LOL that's what I told my son before he gave his kalla a sefer tehillim!!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:28 pm
He should bless her that all of her tefillos should be answered.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:33 pm
Encourage him to just write it only on his own
It’s not what he writes that matters it’s who it from .
Doesn’t need to be extra special or amazing - she’ll appreciate it either way
Esp if he’s overly writing she’ll think he’s always a writer like this .
No one gains here by helping him that way

Moreover , you shouldn’t be grammatically checking it I either - you’re his mother and her future mother in law
It simply ain’t any of your business to read his notes to his kallah .

mbaila

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:43 pm
Thank to all who took the time and effort to reply. You are all AMAZING and everyone had a good point! Thanks so Much and Simchos by all!!!

amother
Salmon  

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 1:52 pm
..using a computer will mostly help with the spelling and some grammar.
Many frum men do not have the writing skills to compose letters . If he's one of them drop issue either he can write gut yom tov and sign his name or don't send a card

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:17 pm
amother Foxglove wrote:
He should write what a beautiful future he imagines together IYH with her and all the amazing hopes, dreams and aspirations they will accomplish together. I think that’s the sweetest most heart melting thing ever.

Really?

How does it come from the heart if they barely know each other?

Its a really nice message but more suitable for couples who have been married a while and know their spouse on a deeper level.

A sweet nice generic message would be so nice.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:22 pm
Just personally I think I’d appreciate if my chosson wrote about all he’ll be davening for this year, his hopes and dreams for our future, and that I’ll be in his tefillos all day.

amother
  Clover

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:23 pm
amother Viola wrote:
Really?

How does it come from the heart if they barely know each other?

Its a really nice message but more suitable for couples who have been married a while and know their spouse on a deeper level.

A sweet nice generic message would be so nice.

When we were engaged my dh wrote me a note before every shabbos to be delivered to me. They were absolutely amazing heart felt letters as the previous poster wrote. It meant so much to me and I still look back at them after a decade of marriage.
Im yeshivish fwiw

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:41 pm
I’m so excited and happy to be marrying you, and I know that we will IY”H build a beautiful life together. Wishing that all of your tefillos will be accepted and answered l’tovah.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Sep 25 2024, 2:46 pm
May all your tefillos this year and in our future together be answered. Wishing you a great Yom Tov!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics