Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Travel strollers besides butterfly
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:50 am
I need a travel stroller that folds small for the plane
Any other strollers like this besides for the butterfly with a lower price tag?

PB6love

Post Yesterday at 9:53 am
The Cybex beezy is cheaper and great

amother
Alyssum

Post Yesterday at 9:55 am
Babyzen yoyo. I was deciding between yoyo and butterfly and I was recommended to go with yoyo as apparently butterfly is not as strong/sturdy. Butterfly is easier to fold but I've had the yoyo for a few months and I've finally gotten the hang of it and able to do it fast.

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 9:56 am
Do these fold small enough to fit in overhead compartment on plane?

lollypop2

Post Yesterday at 9:56 am
I got the Joolz Aer and it’s amazing! The price is similar to the butterfly but it goes on sale quite a bit.

amother
Charcoal

Post Yesterday at 10:09 am
amother OP wrote:

Yoyo folds the smallest and fits on the plane, but it's the same price as the butterfly.

imaima  

Post Yesterday at 10:14 am
amother OP wrote:

Officially it’s yoyo
But it’s not cheap
Butterfly also fits but some airlines only recognize yoyo as an official hand luggage size stroller.

Other small folding options are baby jogger city tour and the ones by Joolz and Cybex.
Cybex Beezy is cheap and easy fold (same as butterfly) but it folds bigger and is slightly heavier

amother
Mauve

Post Yesterday at 10:30 am
I have the mountain buggy nano and have taken it on close to 100 flights

imaima  

Post Yesterday at 10:35 am
Side note I didn’t find it extremely helpful to take my butterfly into the plane. It is a hassle to take out and it takes a place of one luggage piece (and it’s one more thing to shlep).
If you don’t have to walk a lot to pick up the buggy after the flight, then I would turn it in.

amother
Bone

Post Yesterday at 11:12 am
imaima wrote:
Side note I didn’t find it extremely helpful to take my butterfly into the plane. It is a hassle to take out and it takes a place of one luggage piece (and it’s one more thing to shlep).
If you don’t have to walk a lot to pick up the buggy after the flight, then I would turn it in.

I agree that it's really a shlep to take a stroller on the plane with you. The only reason I'd do it is because many times there's either a long wait to get your stroller at the gate or worse, you have to hold the kid thorough the whole airport and pick up your stroller at the luggage carousel.

imaima  

Post Yesterday at 11:17 am
amother Bone wrote:
I agree that it's really a shlep to take a stroller on the plane with you. The only reason I'd do it is because many times there's either a long wait to get your stroller at the gate or worse, you have to hold the kid thorough the whole airport and pick up your stroller at the luggage carousel.

Yes you have to know your arrival airport

amother
  OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:18 am
So idk I’m deciding between getting something cheaper but if the butterfly or joolz is really good and lasts well then maybe it’s worth it? Just really expensive

amother
  OP

Post Yesterday at 11:18 am
imaima wrote:
Yes you have to know your arrival airport

Right but we’re not always going to the same place every time. I want to have the option of bringing it with me if I need to

scintilla  

Post Yesterday at 11:20 am
I'm extremely happy with my butterfly and I know many people who are too - from anecdotal experience, seems people are much happier with it than the yoyo. Although the yoyo is even more expensive no?

It definitely is an investment, but I know people who have been using it as their main stroller for 2 years and it's holding up well. So I think it's worth it but really it's a personal decision.

scintilla

Post Yesterday at 11:21 am
Also, another benefit of being able to bring a stroller on a plane is that you don't risk it getting damaged by baggage handlers, which is a real risk.

mizle10

Post Yesterday at 11:25 am
imaima wrote:

I agree, I love my butterfly but trying to walk down the aisle of an airplane holding a baby in one hand and a stroller in the other hand is not a fun experience!

amother
Maple

Post Yesterday at 11:27 am
I love my yoyo and its been really great for traveling (we have multiple stop overs so its definitely been worth it)

ive heard good things about the baby jogger city tour

amother
Lightyellow

Post Yesterday at 11:30 am
I just got the butterfly. So far it seems good. I did buy it on eBay for $300 brand new. I was debating between this and the other ones but then I found it for a good price so just went for it.

surviving

Post Yesterday at 11:36 am
I love my colugo and it's actually on sale now. I've been using it as my main stroller for 3 years and its holding up very well. It doesn't fold as small as the yoyo but I was still able to take it on 5 different flights no questions asked

imaima  

Post Yesterday at 11:38 am
mizle10 wrote:
I agree, I love my butterfly but trying to walk down the aisle of an airplane holding a baby in one hand and a stroller in the other hand is not a fun experience!

Yes and I also hold my bag and coats in my third and fourth hands
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics