Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
When to apply to Cheder in BP

amother
OP  

Post Yesterday at 11:58 pm
More than one person told me on two different occasions that I should start applying when my baby will be one!?!! I know it’s difficult to get in to the great chedarim esp when one doesn’t belong or want to send to a specific mosdos but applying at one years old sounds a bit outrageous to me. Can anyone confirm if that’s really the way to go?! I feel like the secretary would have a good laugh if I call to apply for my one year old newborn baby…

cnc

Post Today at 12:03 am
Definitely not the case in BP.

amother
Wisteria  

Post Today at 12:04 am
Not sure who told u that. The mosdos that I know about say you should apply sukkos time the year b4 you want to send.

amother
Opal

Post Today at 12:09 am
It’s a joke. No one is talking to you if your kid is 1.

amother
  OP

Post Today at 12:19 am
I know how painfully difficult it is to get to certain cheders so I’ll do whatever it takes but glad to hear I still have time. Thank you for the responses

amother
  Wisteria

Post Today at 12:20 am
amother OP wrote:
I know how painfully difficult it is to get to certain cheders so I’ll do whatever it takes but glad to hear I still have time. Thank you for the responses

Yes its very difficult. Apply everywhere and hopefully youll get in somewhere. Try to get someone who has pull to help you get in. Good luck!

cutewife

Post Today at 12:37 am
Good luck!!!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Today at 4:01 pm
Administrator from viznitz told dh he has to apply the day he's born. Maybe a little exaggerated but when registration was going and my baby 9 months old administrator told dh again to put him on the list to reserve a spot.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Today at 4:36 pm
Around Chanukah time, the Chanukah before you'd like to send him, so when he's about 2.

amother
Magenta

Post Today at 5:19 pm
They dont accept based on who they want in their parent/student body, not necessarily by the order of application. If they dont want you, you can apply when the child is in utero, it wont make a difference. Sad state of the situation. Start donating money to that institution maybe.

Almost like investing in Hermes.

amother
Aqua

Post Today at 5:46 pm
amother Cyclamen wrote:
Administrator from viznitz told dh he has to apply the day he's born. Maybe a little exaggerated but when registration was going and my baby 9 months old administrator told dh again to put him on the list to reserve a spot.

I'm assuming you're not Viznitz? Even if you weren't, this is far from the truth.

amother
Dill

Post Today at 5:55 pm
Which cheder is bp is hard to get into?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Today at 6:13 pm
amother Dill wrote:
Which cheder is bp is hard to get into?

If you're cookie cutter, half of them. If you're outside cookie cutter, all of them Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics