Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Darchei (FR)Nursery rejection/acceptance w/ services?

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:26 am
I have one son in Darchei nursery this year and I just applied to nursery for next year for my second. He is 2 now but I’m a little concerned about rejection because he receives OT, ST, PT, and SI. Behaviorally he is a gem so no issues there. Does anyone have experience with rejections, what are reasons Darchei would reject a boy?

Or if your child received a lot of services and was accepted please share what his services/needs were.

amother
Gardenia

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:41 am
I don't send their or live there, but I see no reason to volunteer this information. Are you 100 percent certain he will need all the services in a year from now? Your helping him now when he so little, it's to early to determine if he'll need all that help.

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:45 am
PM me; my son was not rejected but we voluntarily placed him in a CPSE school and can speak to you about the experience

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:48 am
amother Gardenia wrote:
I don't send their or live there, but I see no reason to volunteer this information. Are you 100 percent certain he will need all the services in a year from now? Your helping him now when he so little, it's to early to determine if he'll need all that help.

Part of the application is if the child receives services and what the services are. Didn’t want to lie and it’s too late I submitted the application. Just wondering if I should drive myself crazy with backup options.

amother
Yolk  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:49 am
It’s a terrible idea to hide info from them. Darchei is very open minded and has lots of services and resources on site. They will be very honest if that can or cannot handle ur son. They are not rejecting for the sake of rejecting.

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 11:57 am
amother Yolk wrote:
It’s a terrible idea to hide info from them. Darchei is very open minded and has lots of services and resources on site. They will be very honest if that can or cannot handle ur son. They are not rejecting for the sake of rejecting.
humm, then I wonder what type of “special needs” kids they accept.

amother
  Yolk  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
humm, then I wonder what type of “special needs” kids they accept.

What do u mean by this

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:08 pm
amother Yolk wrote:
What do u mean by this
I mean there are kids that they accept that need services, but what is the limit? Are the kids with as many services as us accepted? What are the reasons a child might be rejected or not a good fit for a school. Obviously if my dc had asd I would probably look elsewhere but where is the line?

amother
Lightyellow  

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:12 pm
In my opinion, you should reach out now to Wendy and discuss the best option for your son. It’s not a must to send to Darchei for nursery. There may be better options for your son. A center based program where all the services would be part of the school day may or may not be much better then what Darchei nursery can offer you. Wendy will be honest with you and tell you that.
Then you can send him for kindergarten or pre1a whenever he’s ready for Darchei..

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:19 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
In my opinion, you should reach out now to Wendy and discuss the best option for your son. It’s not a must to send to Darchei for nursery. There may be better options for your son. A center based program where all the services would be part of the school day may or may not be much better then what Darchei nursery can offer you. Wendy will be honest with you and tell you that.
Then you can send him for kindergarten or pre1a whenever he’s ready for Darchei..
what center based programs are in the area?

amother
  Yolk

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:21 pm
amother OP wrote:
I mean there are kids that they accept that need services, but what is the limit? Are the kids with as many services as us accepted? What are the reasons a child might be rejected or not a good fit for a school. Obviously if my dc had asd I would probably look elsewhere but where is the line?

I don’t know the exact line but they will take him if they think he will be successful. I personally would worry more about if it will work best for your son or not. Don’t worry about them accepting him just focus on the best place for him. If it’s darchei, great. But maybe for now it’s hasc or teigermans. Have an open conversation with Wendy and look out for your son.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:32 pm
I don’t think services matter, it matters more if he can follow along and do what his peers are doing and not be disruptive.

amother
  Lightyellow

Post Sun, Sep 15 2024, 12:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
what center based programs are in the area?

Like a previous poster mentioned, there is HASC in Woodmere and tiegermans (next door to YDT) there is also gesher but there’s tuition to send there. The other 2 are free as part of your services..
many many children go from these places to Darchei either for kindergarten or pre1a
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics