Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
If you are 5 feet tall and size 12/14
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:28 pm
Where do you shop???
It’s impossible to find shabbos clothing!
It’s impossible to find skirts!
I’m big by the thighs, have a stomach… skirts are a nightmare and I look like a fat shlump in dresses.
I rarely go out on shabbos anymore because I don’t have anything to wear. The few things I own, I have to wear annoying shapewear underneath and I’m so uncomfortable.
During the week I basically have 2(!) skirts.

Please, please help me find clothing online.

BrachaVHatzlocha  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:30 pm
I'm not exactly the same size as you, but I have been successful (sometimes) on shein. buy a bunch and return what's no good. also, pretty much all my skirts have elastic waistbands and I don't tuck in shirts.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:32 pm
weekday skirt (can probably be dressed up for shabbos, as well)
https://chichinyc.com/products.....skirt
top to dress up any skirt (with a shell under it. I don't love the bottom of it, but it works)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

amother
Honeysuckle  

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:40 pm
amother OP wrote:
Where do you shop???
It’s impossible to find shabbos clothing!
It’s impossible to find skirts!
I’m big by the thighs, have a stomach… skirts are a nightmare and I look like a fat shlump in dresses.
I rarely go out on shabbos anymore because I don’t have anything to wear. The few things I own, I have to wear annoying shapewear underneath and I’m so uncomfortable.
During the week I basically have 2(!) skirts.

Please, please help me find clothing online.

Mezzo. Shop in person and ask for Shaindy Pinter. She has an incredible eye for knowing what works with which body type. She won’t even let you look in the mirror if she doesn’t think something looks good on you. Someone recommended her to me and I now recommend her to everyone. Only store where you’ll come out happy without feeling fat and ugly.

Not cheap but worth it for the service and not being depressed for the next few days

greengrapes

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:43 pm
Same exact problem. I can try on a million outfits. Look like a stuffed garbage bag in every single one of them

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:48 pm
I am 5'1 and my heaviest I have been is size 12/14. At that time I had to alter ever absolutely everything.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 8:52 pm
Me 3. The only thing that look semi decent is loose tops that hit just above my hips. But then people wonder if im pregnant and I can never be trendy.

I have one black shabbos dress I got in mezzo 2 years ago that I wear on repeat in all seasons. It is very high waisted and slightly flaired. I haven’t found anything similar since.

familyfirst

Post Wed, Sep 11 2024, 9:37 pm
Try Chicos online

Waistkess dresses

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:15 am
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
Mezzo. Shop in person and ask for Shaindy Pinter. She has an incredible eye for knowing what works with which body type. She won’t even let you look in the mirror if she doesn’t think something looks good on you. Someone recommended her to me and I now recommend her to everyone. Only store where you’ll come out happy without feeling fat and ugly.

Not cheap but worth it for the service and not being depressed for the next few days

Which location?

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:27 am
I’m not from Brooklyn. It sounds like mezzo is a good option.
Anything else?

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 6:27 am
I wear mostly dresses. I find that dresses look good on me. I don't really have any skirts

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:07 am
amother Tealblue wrote:
I wear mostly dresses. I find that dresses look good on me. I don't really have any skirts

Dresses from where?
Can you share a link of a dress you like?

amother
  Honeysuckle  

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 7:16 am
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Which location?

The Boro Park branch

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:03 am
A lot of dark tops with light-colored cardigans or jackets.

amother
Diamond

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:43 am
I'm 5 feet and probably around that size too. I wear 1xl skirts and 2xl jewish tops.
It's mega hard.

amother
  OP

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:46 am
Aside for mezzo (which I might drive to eventually- even though it will take a few hours), which other stores can you recommend?

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:57 am
Fit and flare skirts are super flattering for almost any body type paired with a tighter, shorter top
Try fox's
An open cardigan or short sleeve shawl is a staple that should be worn over a tighter top
Drop waist tops are also flattering with a straight skirt
Monochromatic looks are also a good idea

amother
  Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 8:58 am
amother OP wrote:
Aside for mezzo (which I might drive to eventually- even though it will take a few hours), which other stores can you recommend?

If you’re going to mezzo, call ahead and make sure that Shaindy will be in as she doesn’t work every day of the week

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 9:10 am
amother Amber wrote:
Fit and flare skirts are super flattering for almost any body type paired with a tighter, shorter top
Try fox's
An open cardigan or short sleeve shawl is a staple that should be worn over a tighter top
Drop waist tops are also flattering with a straight skirt
Monochromatic looks are also a good idea

Love this advice and totally agree. I’m similar size. I found the most amazing top last season , which could be found in any Jewish boutique especially junees it’s the modelle brand knit material too. Longer in the back and shorter in the front so you could wear with a fit and flare skirt that you wear higher up. It comes in a million colors and I got a bunch.
That’s another tip, find what you like and get it in a bunch of colors!
Hatzlacha

hodeez

Post Thu, Sep 12 2024, 11:00 am
greengrapes wrote:
Same exact problem. I can try on a million outfits. Look like a stuffed garbage bag in every single one of them

You made me giggle
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics