Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Kindergarten- school or private?

movingagain  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:12 pm
We moved to Lakewood and while my sons are settled in cheiders our daughters kindergarten class got cancelled suddenly in June.

We found a private place to send her and she’s going there.
My question is, is this normal? They call it playgroup but she’s 4? I’m trying to still get her into Bais Hachinuch but want to know if sending to a private kindergarten/playgroup is what’s done in Lakewood

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:14 pm
Most kids are in playgroup for 4 year olds. It’s very normal. When I was a kid there weren’t any schools with kindergartens.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:27 pm
I would say majority of 4 year olds here go to a private kindergarten playgroup. Not all schools have kindergarten

amother
NeonPink

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:34 pm
movingagain wrote:
We moved to Lakewood and while my sons are settled in cheiders our daughters kindergarten class got cancelled suddenly in June.

We found a private place to send her and she’s going there.
My question is, is this normal? They call it playgroup but she’s 4? I’m trying to still get her into Bais Hachinuch but want to know if sending to a private kindergarten/playgroup is what’s done in Lakewood

Curious which school fell apart in June? Is that similar to Bais Hachinuch?

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:42 pm
Welcome to Lakewood. You don't need to try too hard to get her in this year. It's a Lakewood thing for most kids (who aren't Chassidish) to go to home based kindergartens. Most kids start school in Primary. Make sure to apply to Primary on time.

movingagain  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:46 pm
amother NeonPink wrote:
Curious which school fell apart in June? Is that similar to Bais Hachinuch?

Not at all similar. It was a blessing in disguise since that school would have been the wrong choice in every way.

Thank you all for your replies

eagle

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:56 pm
Just make sure you get and send applications in for primary on isru chag.

amother
Latte

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:01 am
Mine is going to school because she has siblings. And all her neighbor friends and relatives are going to private kindergartens. So few schools have kindergarten so it’s more common to be in a private one. It was hard getting used to coming from Brooklyn.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:18 am
Bais Hachinuch is a heimish school. It should be in the same category as board haddasah, Tiferes Chaya, Basis Rochel Bnos Bina. Those schools all have kindergarten. Boost Bina and real chassidish have Nursery. I also know that a few of the newer non chassidish schools have kindergarten as well. The really old non-chassidish schools like Bais Faiga doesnt . If you want to send to a Yiddish speaking school, send to a Yiddish speaking playgroup. It will be easier getting into elementary that way. What side of town do you live on (north or south)and what cheider do your boys go to. What type maybe we can help you.

movingagain

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:21 am
amother Ginger wrote:
Bais Hachinuch is a heimish school. It should be in the same category as board haddasah, Tiferes Chaya, Basis Rochel Bnos Bina. Those schools all have kindergarten. Boost Bina and real chassidish have Nursery. I also know that a few of the newer non chassidish schools have kindergarten as well. The really old non-chassidish schools like Bais Faiga doesnt . If you want to send to a Yiddish speaking school, send to a Yiddish speaking playgroup. It will be easier getting into elementary that way. What side of town do you live on (north or south)and what cheider do your boys go to. What type maybe we can help you.

We are Belz however since I drive we weren’t accepted. In BP kids went to Belz.

We wanted something smaller so after a few interviews and acceptances we chose tiferes yechiel. We liked the learning level and smaller classes.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:32 am
movingagain wrote:
We are Belz however since I drive we weren’t accepted. In BP kids went to Belz.

We wanted something smaller so after a few interviews and acceptances we chose tiferes yechiel. We liked the learning level and smaller classes.

Im sure your boys will be happy.
I send there)

Hope your daughter will get into bais hachinuch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries