Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Need suggestions/first visit to Lakewood!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 8:54 pm
Hi,
We are coming w our family to Lakewood for a simcha. Very much from oot. A few questions
1) delicious family friendly lunch spot? Dinner spot??
2)if there’s downtime is there a beautiful park to take the kids? Which ones?
3)if I have an hour to shop for myself-where should I go?!?

amother
Mocha  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:05 pm
Lunch upper crust on Kennedy or Sesame unless you want a pizza shop
Supper glatt bite or Bun

The Lakewood lake has beautiful bridge playground boating and can walk around the lake. To get to the bridge park by the south lake park. Boating is by the north lake park

Shopping for you- Brooklyn southwest has everything and all price ranges and very helpful sales girls

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:07 pm
Lunch Caffoteria supper Mike’s chicken

Chayalle

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:09 pm
I would also suggest you get a trip to one of the nearby beaches. Spring Lake has a gorgeous park with walk areas and playground for the kiddies, plus the beach/boardwalk is about 2 blocks away.....really worth getting to.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 9:41 pm
lunch I agree with Sesame and supper at Bun.- someone mentioned Mikes-its delish but you cant eat in there.

must check out the Lakewood Lake and Pine Park or Ocean County Park also good options.
theres so much shopping you wont know where to start. nearly every shopping plaza has another few stores. depends on your style

mommy2b1

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 10:37 pm
To have an authentic Lakewood experience I would say
Lunch: Bagel Nosh
Supper: Glatt Bite
All the parks mentioned above are great. If you have kids 12 and under, Jackson Jungle is realllyyyyy fun and special. My favorite park. It’s next door to a sprinkler park and the library if someone needs to work.

What kind of clothing are you looking for and what is your price range?

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:01 pm
Kids are 12 and under. Looking to buy myself a new yuntif dress and weekday outfits but not break the bank! Is fame good or somewhere else? Also cute kids clothing?

For dinner can you please give some more suggestions of family friendly and yummy places?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:04 pm
Fame is great.
I would do bun or glatt bite for supper.
Lunch could be rosemary bagel store (it’s right near fame) or cafotteria or j2 pizza North

snooper86

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:11 pm
Bun is a great family friendly place for dinner and there are lots of great options for food plus lots of seating.

I’d suggest you look up the places mentioned and check out their menus to see what would work best for you.

Avery & Jays or Crème are great ice cream shops (Crème is next to Caffoteria (lunch spot), Galleria (women’s clothing) Flying Colors Baby (children’s clothing, a bit pricy though not sure if they carry all price ranges)) (Avery & Jays is near Rosemary (lunch spot I think) Fame (adults clothing) kids clothing (I forgot the name of the store) Aisle 9 (grocery) Hal (shoe store)

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Sep 02 2024, 11:35 pm
Is it worth it to go to the
Boardwalk in Deal for dinner??

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:17 am
Boardwalk in deal is really nice for dinner if you want to go there.
Lunch caffoteria or rosemary are really good

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:23 am
Lunch cafeteria
Dinner bun or if you want family steakhouse type Smokey Hill is delicious

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 12:27 am
Are there any family friendly places in deal? On the boardwalk? Is it worth the drive there or should we just stay local?

GoldenOra

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 1:37 am
Stay local and don’t waste time going to deal. Lakewood has TONS, why would you waste the travel time?

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:08 am
Bagel nosh and glatt bite are original lakewood stores. But basic. There is a huge array depending on what you prefer and budget.

I’d probably pick a side of lkwd to stay on bec traveling a lot can he time consuming. It’s a big place with lots of traffic. And stores, parks and food can be found in all areas.

I think going to the lkwd lake is a great idea. There is boat rentals. A playground and path around the lake.

For shopping Brooklyn southwest has a big selection and is very helpful. There are really many options.

amother
Aconite

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 2:27 am
Lunch
Four corners (bagel shop)
Or pizza - there are many options.
I like westgate pizza because they have a large seating area.
Or j2 pizza- also lots of seating

Supper-
Glatt bite
Or if you like something very Israeli style- hamisada (officially in Howel)

Shopping for yourself-
I would suggest
Brooklyn Southwest- they have so much, you will probably find something and the prices are good too

In the same shopping center there is a children’s clothing store- shoppers paradise - nice selection
This shopping center also has j2 pizza and sprinkles ice cream

Parks
Pine park- there are a few different playgrounds- it’s huge

Brook park- small park with nice playground
Ocean country park

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 4:41 am
Also, nothing takes "just sn hour" in Lakewood. Be prepared for lots of traffic and a wait for the dressing rooms.

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 9:50 am
I’ll be there this coming Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. Would there be lots of crowds in the stores these days?

amother
Starflower  

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 9:50 am
amother SandyBrown wrote:
Also, nothing takes "just sn hour" in Lakewood. Be prepared for lots of traffic and a wait for the dressing rooms.

Right, posters are suggesting stores that are all over Lakewood. Lakewood is HUGE so it can be very overwhelming and time consuming.

I would pick a geographic area and stick to it. Glatt Bite and Bagel Nosh are in the "old" Lakewood, there are a few other nice shopping centers, perhaps a bit more upscale. There is a beautiful plaza on America Avenue, if you want the "New York" experience. Brooklyn South West is near Glatt Bite and also near many other stores and shopping centers, but it's in a different side of town.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Sep 03 2024, 9:53 am
amother OP wrote:
I’ll be there this coming Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. Would there be lots of crowds in the stores these days?

Sunday stores will be extremely crowded with back to school/ YT shoppers.

Monday and Tuesday should be better. Note that traffic is awful until about 10:00 AM and after 3:00 PM, between those hours it's much better.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries