Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Teaching a cleaning lady

amother
OP  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:26 pm
How do you teach a cleaning lady exactly how to clean/ do laundry (especially if there is a language barrier)? I just tell her what rooms/ jobs to do but I’m not always satisfied.
I hate to micromanage and I hate confrontation but I would like her to do more/ different

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:40 pm
clean with her the first 2 times she comes

613mitzvahgirl

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 9:42 pm
Just show her how you do it.. and do it together.. yes it might take a few times, but she’ll get the hang of it sooner than later..
wishing you Hatzlocha 😍😊❤️🤩

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Aug 26 2024, 11:41 pm
amother Jade wrote:
clean with her the first 2 times she comes

What does that mean ?

dankbar  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:43 am
Google translator

dankbar  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 12:49 am
I know someone who works, who leaves a detailed checklist, with specific instructions, of what needs to be done, in each room. She hangs it onto the fridge. This way cleaner knows what's expected of her to be done, and employer can get things she wants done, while she is out. They also make up the work hours, so has to be done in this timing.

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 2:45 am
dankbar wrote:
Google translator

Right I do this to tell her the jobs but how do I teach the nuances is my question

amother
  OP  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 2:47 am
dankbar wrote:
I know someone who works, who leaves a detailed checklist, with specific instructions, of what needs to be done, in each room. She hangs it onto the fridge. This way cleaner knows what's expected of her to be done, and employer can get things she wants done, while she is out. They also make up the work hours, so has to be done in this timing.

But like, clean this spot behind the toilet, take attachment for the steps off the vacuum so you can clean the crevices, use the oven spray, etc ). That’s hard enough in the same language but in a different language it may get lost in the translation

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 2:48 am
How do I clean with her? I clean the toilet then she cleans it after me?

dankbar  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:43 am
It's hard, because they sometimes just nod their head as if they understand and they have no idea.

Ladies from Europe are usually naturally better balabustas because they live differently in their own home country.

Then other ones, don't live on their own the way we want it and like it.

Specific instructions on Google, or need to physically demonstrate for them. Like if you want the baseboards washed, take the shmatta bend down and show them you see you wash it like this. If you want couch or beds or table moved when they wash floors, you need to physically move it and show them. And every piece of instruction do with Google translate.

You need to tell them what to do with random stuff they find outside, if you want it placed at side and you will put it away or show them where to place things. So either clear up room before she goes in to wash it or be with her in room to pack things away while she cleans, or instructions, all dirty laundry into hamper, all toys into boxes, divided not dumped, all garbage, papers, school crafts, garbage, not that she shouldn't wash floors around the items or just dump stuff randomly into drawers and closets.

Sometimes you need to.show them how to change linens with duvets, how to iron or teach them, skirts get hung up not folded. Wigs go on heads/stands.

Stovetops needed to be scrubbed/sprayed so no residue, same with pots.

Show then how you like your laundry folded, specifically, and not into Mish mosh just neatly and evenly.

Show them the specific setting for each type of load on washer.

For milk and meat, I take out, the sponge, dish rag and soap that belongs to this side, and show them the counter, from here to here us meat, and explain kosher laws on google, to keep separate and not mix.

Simple language with, one word, show, repeat couple times. Ask them if they understood what I said.

Some have knack some not, some never learn.

dankbar  

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:54 am
Show them the sizes, of which clothes belong to which child, so pile it together, and which drawer it belongs. Or your kids take their own pile to their drawers.

Show them garbage pail need to get washed.

How you like fridge washed.

How you like furniture, cabinet doors washed.
Like show her shmatta not too much water, wring it, which soap to use.

If you like the floor vacuumed before washed, show her what attachment to use for center floor, corners.

If she sees smudges or fingerprints, on wall she should wash on own or you show her was here now.

Tell her if you will tell her exactly what to do each time or she should do on own. Or make her a schedule. Or what she will do or what you will do.

It's very hard. I have new one now, It's annoying in beginning, I tell hershow her exactly what to do, use translator, she still gets it wrong, abd when finishes one task, just stands and waits for next instructions, like a klutz, if I'm not in room, not cont on own or come and ask me....

dankbar

Post Tue, Aug 27 2024, 8:58 am
It's funny that I'm giving you instructions but I have a very hard time with this myself, because I get frustrated when they don't get it, and tell them few times, and they still don't understand or still do it the wrong way, after I showed them, translated, and they showed me as if they understand.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry