Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Would you switch classes?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 19 2024, 2:30 pm
Here's the situation

Some background info. One of my children was in a specific class years ago with a teacher who was not not good for him. The issues I had were partially due to trust. I heard from outside sources that this teacher couldn't stand my child and hated teaching him. I was also told by that outside source that my child was really stupid and was the dumbest kid in the class according to the teacher. Now, my son did get some extra help and went out of class to get it. He was in the classroom for probably about 45 minutes to an hour a day. When I spoke to the school about it they didn't believe me.
Besides for that issue, she just wasn't nice to me when she spoke about my son. Every time she called she just had not nice stuff to say. She also was too hard for him and gave him work that he never learned as he went out of class.

A family member of mine also had lots of issues with this teacher many years ago.

Anyways, for different reasons I ended up switching that child's school for the next year.

My next child is in that school and is coming up to the same grade with that teacher. I do not want that teacher for anything. Ashley was just really not nice back then and I don't think she'll actually be a good fit for my next child either.

The problem is, there's a spectacular rebbi who teaches the same class as that teacher. At this point. He's the Rebbi every single kid wants to get. Of course my son is dying to have him as well.

I spoke to the school as I really do not want that English teacher for anything. I do believe that it largely to her part that my son had such a miserable year back then and ultimately ended up changing schools over it. (His rebbe was horrible also and they "retired" him the next year)

The school is only offering me two options. Either keep him in the class so he has the rebbe he wants but he gets this English teacher that I really really don't want. I went thru gehennim with her that year she had my older one. Or switch him into the other class which means new friends and not the rebbe he wants but he doesn't have this teacher whom I really feel.wont be good for him or me. What would you do?

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:21 pm
I am too young to give advice, but as someone who had to switch classes when I was younger, it can be very hard to readjust to a new class… maybe this child will find favor in that teachers , or that teacher had some time to reminisce over the summer and feel bad about her intolerance the year before..I would think it’s better to leave the child with his peers and deal with the teacher

amother
Offwhite

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:36 pm
Does this son have the same personality as older son? Does he also have outside help for school work?
If the answer is no to both, I would keep him where he is, and not say a word to him about the previous son's experience

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Aug 30 2024, 1:36 pm
If you son has friends I would keep him with class.

Does this son also have learning or behavior issues?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children