Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Housekeeper/Helper for elderly parents in Brooklyn

Dani72

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 3:44 pm
My sisters and I are trying to find a trustworthy, reliable person to hire who can help our parents who are in their 80s. Until now, one sister who lives in NY has been grocery shopping and bringing them food on a weekly basis. But it would be very helpful to also have somebody there during the weekdays to help with light cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, and very light housekeeping (they have somebody who comes to clean every other week). I tried calling Soraya agency but if anybody has any suggestions, I would be hugely grateful. It would be wonderful if we could find somebody Jewish, but if that's not possible, my mother can turn the stove/oven on but it would still be necessary that the person know about a kosher home.
TIA

Violet123

Post Thu, Aug 15 2024, 4:00 pm
Dani72 wrote:
My sisters and I are trying to find a trustworthy, reliable person to hire who can help our parents who are in their 80s. Until now, one sister who lives in NY has been grocery shopping and bringing them food on a weekly basis. But it would be very helpful to also have somebody there during the weekdays to help with light cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, and very light housekeeping (they have somebody who comes to clean every other week). I tried calling Soraya agency but if anybody has any suggestions, I would be hugely grateful. It would be wonderful if we could find somebody Jewish, but if that's not possible, my mother can turn the stove/oven on but it would still be necessary that the person know about a kosher home.
TIA

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics