Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp Kaylie vs Yaldeinu

ectomorph  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 8:29 am
Hi, we are looking into these camps for our son next year. Please pm me if you've sent a boy over age 6. Thanks! Or post here and ask me to PM you.

amother
Purple  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 8:59 am
ectomorph wrote:
Hi, we are looking into these camps for our son next year. Please pm me if you've sent a boy over age 6. Thanks! Or post here and ask me to PM you.

They arent even comparable.
Is your son autistic?

mha3484  

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 9:05 am
Someone suggested Kaylie for my slightly quirky child but its the wrong half for his school schedule and not yeshivish so it wasnt an option. I got the impression it’s for kids like him. A little awkward and quirky but mostly able to take care of himself.

amother
  Purple

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 9:09 am
mha3484 wrote:
Someone suggested Kaylie for my slightly quirky child but its the wrong half for his school schedule and not yeshivish so it wasnt an option. I got the impression it’s for kids like him. A little awkward and quirky but mostly able to take care of himself.

Kaylie has children with different types of cognitive disabilities whereas Yaldeinu is limited to children with autism only.
Kaylie is integrated, Yaldeinu is not.
Kaylie is Modox, Yaldeinu is more to the right.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 9:12 am
We sent to Yaldeinu many years ago, and later to Kaylie. You can't send to Kaylie at age 6 or 7- you CAN send to Yaldeinu.

Our son had female counselors at his young age in Yaldeinu. They took good care of him. There were varying functioning levels- at the time, I was told it was different at older ages when the kids had more options. The younger ones were mostly high functioning from outside Canada (because the lower functioning kids went to HASC), and mixed from inside. But again, this was mamy years ago.

Kaylie is all boys, for good and for bad. It has very different dynamics. We were happy in general. But if your son isn't old enough yet, it's moot for next summer.

amother
Poppy

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 9:36 am
amother Purple wrote:
Kaylie has children with different types of cognitive disabilities whereas Yaldeinu is limited to children with autism only.
Kaylie is integrated, Yaldeinu is not.
Kaylie is Modox, Yaldeinu is more to the right.

This is not true. I have a child there that does not have an asd diagnosis.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 10:48 am
I would prefer to speak to people privately with experience.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 12 2024, 10:51 am
Kaylies website says their camp is for age 10 and older so its not an option for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps