Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Invitation Question

amother
OP  

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:16 am
How would you handle this?

We are about to order invitations for my daughter's wedding.

We asked my future sil for an address list of all his family's guests to send to the printer.

He just told dd that his family's community has their own invitation lady who apparently has "the address list" that everyone uses. She is refusing to release the list. Instead she wants us to give all the printed invitations to her and she will handle all the address printing.

To me, this sounds like a recipe for disaster! For my older daughters wedding, we sent everything to the printer and mailed everything. All the reply cards were numbered with the same numbers as on the spreadsheet with addresses so we could easily find guests names.

Should we just tell him that this could end up being very messy or just give them the 150 invitations they want and let it be their responsibility to see that the envelopes are all stuffed and mailed out, and then we just don't worry about it?

If it makes difference, we're paying for all the invitations and all the reply cards are coming back to us. This was already agreed upon.

I'd love your thoughts! Thank you!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:20 am
Let them take care of addressing their own invitations.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:20 am
I would give it to them and have the reply’s for their side go back to them. No idea why they would be coming to you.

amother
  OP

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:22 am
amother Ginger wrote:
I would give it to them and have the reply’s for their side go back to them. No idea why they would be coming to you.

OP here: His family preferred they all come back to us. Not questioning it....it's actually easier.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 9:50 am
amother Ginger wrote:

This is what we did also. It's so much easier for you not to have to deal with all of their invitations and reply cards. Why don't you just tell them that if they're addressing the invitations on their own, then their reply cards won't work with your system, so they should have their reply cards go to them.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Aug 11 2024, 11:22 am
amother OP wrote:
How would you handle this?

We are about to order invitations for my daughter's wedding.

We asked my future sil for an address list of all his family's guests to send to the printer.

He just told dd that his family's community has their own invitation lady who apparently has "the address list" that everyone uses. She is refusing to release the list. Instead she wants us to give all the printed invitations to her and she will handle all the address printing.

To me, this sounds like a recipe for disaster! For my older daughters wedding, we sent everything to the printer and mailed everything. All the reply cards were numbered with the same numbers as on the spreadsheet with addresses so we could easily find guests names.

Should we just tell him that this could end up being very messy or just give them the 150 invitations they want and let it be their responsibility to see that the envelopes are all stuffed and mailed out, and then we just don't worry about it?

If it makes difference, we're paying for all the invitations and all the reply cards are coming back to us. This was already agreed upon.

I'd love your thoughts! Thank you!

Give them the invitations and let them handle their guest list. Same with return cards. You dont know who anyone from their side is to plan seating/ tables. I would think it's easier for each to handle their own guest list/return cards.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics