Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
LMHC and Counseling in Israel

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 09 2024, 12:39 pm
Hi, if a person has a Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling from the US, is it possible to work in Israel?
If not, is the masters at least taken into consideration if ones applies for a Master's in Psychology in Israel?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 4:04 pm
I looked into a MA in psychology here in Israel a while back. I dont remember everything but I do remember that I had to take many hashlamot courses, courses to fill in the gaps of what I had learned in my BA and what was needed for the MA. I think you would have to ask each uni what is needed before you apply for any MA program.

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 4:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hi, if a person has a Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling from the US, is it possible to work in Israel?
If not, is the masters at least taken into consideration if ones applies for a Master's in Psychology in Israel?

You can definitely work with Americans. Also anyone can advertise they are a therapist or coach without a degree if you want to work privately. You can also do remote work too.

amother
  OP  

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 10:13 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I looked into a MA in psychology here in Israel a while back. I dont remember everything but I do remember that I had to take many hashlamot courses, courses to fill in the gaps of what I had learned in my BA and what was needed for the MA. I think you would have to ask each uni what is needed before you apply for any MA program.

Thank you! Are all MAs in Psychology in Hebrew? Any in English? Do you know someone who had successfully done this?

amother
  OP

Post Sat, Aug 10 2024, 10:14 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
You can definitely work with Americans. Also anyone can advertise they are a therapist or coach without a degree if you want to work privately. You can also do remote work too.

Thanks, good to know!
Do you know people who are doing this and able to pull in enough income?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions