Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Give me reels/ youtube shorts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 4:04 am
My teen triggered me today.
Vacation time, multiple people at home eating.
Kn the morning I had to get myself and baby ready, feed the kids and run out to bring them to camp. My teen (who has zero jobs or occupations for this month) got up and got upset that we didn’t clean up the kitchen again and she is the only one who does.

I flipped because of course it wasn’t a priority when I had to be somewhere on time and you know the drill. It’s summer vacation in a big family… we either cook or eat or try to do something memorable

Now my daughter is probably watching all these preppy housewives on IG who have one baby or none at all and they sort their kitchen in an unrealistic way.
But I see enough of accounts of moms of many who post realistic households. I just don’t remember concrete names.
Can you give me something to show her that we are not alone in the universe with our lived in kitchen?

amother
Phlox

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 10:44 am
Why would you stoop down and try to prove you’re “normal”? You don’t owe her an explanation. Let her watch whatever she wants and when both of you are calm, explain to her that other things are a priority, it will get fine but maybe not in her timeline etc. validate her feelings of wanting it clean while also letting her know that you’re not a machine. Work with her on realistic expectations. Pricing with Instagram accounts won’t help bec she’ll prove with other accounts that it’s possible and you’re just creating a power struggle

Trademark

Post Thu, Aug 08 2024, 11:09 am
Even the ones without children/ or with one child, it's not real life. It's a business for them.

Check out the videos below for more explanation of the fakeness of influencers.

https://www.youtube.com/playli.....JJFDj

But I agree with the above, that you don't have to prover her anything.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics