Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Applying for child health plus

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 8:48 pm
My daughter is starting to work and will fall off my medicaid case, I was told I can apply for CHP for her, how is the application process? Is it complicated? THe one that takes care of my medicaid said she can do it for $180, I m just wondering if theres that much involved to pay so much for it

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
My daughter is starting to work and will fall off my medicaid case, I was told I can apply for CHP for her, how is the application process? Is it complicated? THe one that takes care of my medicaid said she can do it for $180, I m just wondering if theres that much involved to pay so much for it

Do you live in Monsey? Reach out to community outreach and make an appointment. They will help you/her apply.

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:12 pm
Call yeled vyalda. They have ppl that help u all day. They will b able to guide u to get the best rates based on ur circumstances

Amarante  

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:37 pm
If she is working isn't she now her own entity - as in won't she be filing taxes as an adult?

If so, wouldn't she be filing based on her income?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:40 pm
how old is she? I think CHP is only til 18

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 9:42 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
how old is she? I think CHP is only til 18

Correct - only until the person is 19.

After they it would be regular Medicald based on their income.

I can't imagine paying someone to fill out a simple form.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 10:54 pm
Call achiezer. Located in five towns. Make an appointment with Sruly Miller. It's free. He will fill out the application with her/you and go over options via ny state of health.

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 05 2024, 11:04 pm
amother OP wrote:

You should NEVER pay anyone to deal with filling out government forms. It is a scam. The paperwork isn't that hard. You should be able to do it yourself.
If you need help then I wonder what kind of funny games people are playing.
She is over 18 and working so she should file her own taxes. That means she is not your dependent anymore. She makes her own case with the medicaid office- 1 person with recent pay stubs.
I applied for Medicaid and it took less than an hour for multiple people and it was not complicated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries