Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What to do- baby demands constant attention

amother
OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 12:59 pm
My baby wants me to sit with her on the floor and play with her 24/7.

She has a LOT of toys.

She screams nonstop until I sit down to play with her.

On a side note, it concerns me is that she gets so angry, it’s scary to watch.

She’s only 11 months old but she can literally bang her head on the floor in anger

Please help!

amother
Garnet

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:23 pm
Did you check her for an ear infection?

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:26 pm
She had one last Shabbos but it's long gone by now.

Also she behaves like this all the time since a few weeks ago, especially the getting so angry part.

amother
Hyssop

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:37 pm
My baby also used to hang her head on the floor when she got angry at this age. She stopped after a month or two thankfully! Now she tries slapping me instead which is adorable and makes me want to laugh but I am obviously working hard on stopping.

I don’t think it’s a concern that they get so angry. Toddlers brains don’t have the ability to emotionally regulate. They need more brain development to be able to do that. I’m a FTM though so I’ll be watching future posts to see if our kids really are unique.

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:48 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
My baby also used to hang her head on the floor when she got angry at this age. She stopped after a month or two thankfully! Now she tries slapping me instead which is adorable and makes me want to laugh but I am obviously working hard on stopping.

I don’t think it’s a concern that they get so angry. Toddlers brains don’t have the ability to emotionally regulate. They need more brain development to be able to do that. I’m a FTM though so I’ll be watching future posts to see if our kids really are unique.

Thank you!

She slaps me already lol

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 1:58 pm
You should give her the attention that she wants and needs. A baby is a baby once.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:19 pm
Can you be in the room doing other things very nearby? Ex: I put my baby on the kitchen floor with some measuring cups/other baby safe kitchen stuff and then I wash dishes.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:26 pm
Same with my 9 month old. I have about 2 minutes to get anything done, whether on the computer or in the kitchen, before she starts begging for attention.

Toys, as in, actual toys, don't interest her, but she loves opening drawers and getting into things she's not supposed to.

Being on the computer is the worst, which is a problem since I work from home. The minute she sees me sit down, she begs to be picked up and starts clacking away on the keyboard.

Sigh... good thing she's a cute one 😜

amother
  OP  

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:30 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Can you be in the room doing other things very nearby? Ex: I put my baby on the kitchen floor with some measuring cups/other baby safe kitchen stuff and then I wash dishes.

That's what I do. She's always in the room with me.

amother
  OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2024, 2:31 pm
amother Freesia wrote:
You should give her the attention that she wants and needs. A baby is a baby once.

That would be beautiful but there isn't always the time for it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics