Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
9 yr old sensory DD starting to mature looking for solution

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:04 am
She is extremely sensory. She will not wear any clothes that has a seam even by her waist (or anywhere else) Her body is starting to mature. What is on the market that would be appropriate for a sensory child. She will not even try on anything like a training bra or even a padded undershirt. (I am having a hard time researching online due to my filter...)

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:07 am
She will eventually have to wear a bra so an undershirt with bra attached is the first step.
If she will not wear it she will look it. I'm not sure they're a solution without proper undergarments.

amother
Oak  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 4:23 am
You need the cami with a shelf bra as a first step. My sensory kid would only wear the Hanes ones which are looser than most companies.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 5:20 am
https://bleuetgirl.com/product.....isole
This is the only company my sensory asd daughter could handle. I started with this cami and later moved to the bras when she needed.

amother
Moccasin  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 5:58 am
My sensory daughter couldn't handle the thin straps. I found training bras with thicker straps.

amother
  Moccasin

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:00 am
Is this a new thing for this generation? Anyone above age 25 remember refusing to wear a bra because of sensory issues? If so, what did you do?

amother
  Oak

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 6:06 am
amother Moccasin wrote:
Is this a new thing for this generation? Anyone above age 25 remember refusing to wear a bra because of sensory issues? If so, what did you do?

I went too long with nothing. When I got older I remember seeing preteens walking around with nothing looking terrible. I think now parents are more aware that kids need to look presentable and socially normal. And having growing breasts show through clothing awkwardly is just not going to work.

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 7:59 am
amother Oak wrote:
You need the cami with a shelf bra as a first step. My sensory kid would only wear the Hanes ones which are looser than most companies.

Ok, I will try these. I do not want this to become a battle. This should not be something she looks back at with bad associations.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 8:02 am
amother Moccasin wrote:

My mother who's over 50 can't wear pantyhose, was always fussy about her clothing, doesn't wear her shaitel if she doesn't have to. Then she was shocked when my baby brother became particular about his socks lol.

amother
Lilac  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:47 am
My 10 year old isn't sensory, but we just started her with padded undershirts. She hated the thin adjustable straps. She said the plastic adjustable piece was hurting her.

We bought her these on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7.....ss_tl
It took a little time to get used to the padding and loose elastic around her ribs, but she's OK with them now.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:51 am
My teenage daughter wears her sports bras inside out. The seams bother her wearing it the regular way.
She refuses to wear a more supportive bra, because they are uncomfortable. Bh she can still get away with the light sports bra.

ShishKabob  

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 9:54 am
amother Lilac wrote:
My 10 year old isn't sensory, but we just started her with padded undershirts. She hated the thin adjustable straps. She said the plastic adjustable piece was hurting her.

We bought her these on https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C7.....ss_tl
It took a little time to get used to the padding and loose elastic around her ribs, but she's OK with them now.
These look great! Do you know where I can find only white ones in these?

amother
  Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 10:45 am
Quote:

I wish! I couldn't find. She saves the white ones for her white or lighter colored shirts. But when she's wearing a darker color shirt, color underneath doesn't matter as much.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jul 31 2024, 11:08 am
amother Lilac wrote:
Quote:

I wish! I couldn't find. She saves the white ones for her white or lighter colored shirts. But when she's wearing a darker color shirt, color underneath doesn't matter as much.
Thank you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children