Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If you started a business

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:02 pm
Can you please share advice for those who want to start their own business?

I noticed that people either work their souls out 9-5 every day for other people and still struggle financially,
Or they start their own business and live comfortably.

Can someone here help me start a business?

Genius  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:06 pm
You first need to know what business you want to open. What are your interests, talents and/or experience? How much do you have to invest?
Also note that a vast majority of businesses close down in the first three years. It is inaccurate to state that people who own businesses are doing well. Some do, others don’t.

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 7:08 pm
Adding that many people who own successful businesses work their souls out 24/6. There is an advantage in leaving the workplace and stress when you leave at five to somebody else who also pays your paycheck.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 8:26 pm
When we were partners in a business we were working a lot harder than now, with our 9-5s. It was very very stressful. But worth it when it started making money after a few years and then sold.

Growing

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 8:44 pm
Parnasah is predestined
The statistics show that 90% of businesses fail
That said I wish you wealth and happiness and good luck whatever you decide

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 4:14 am
Have to be willing to have many businesses fail first. Of course there’s the lucky one that gets lucky the first time. Number one you usually need quite a bit of capital which either have to borrow or figure out how to get. My husband is an entrepreneur for over 25 years. Some businesses have succeeded unbelievably and some have failed. Where we had hundreds of thousands in debt. You have to be willing to ride the waves. And you have to have a really good idea to begin with.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:09 am
It really depends if your business is service based or if you're planning to be in retail or wholesale.... You will need much less $ to start a service based business. Sometimes you hardly need any $$. Do your research.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:37 am
Genius wrote:
Adding that many people who own successful businesses work their souls out 24/6. There is an advantage in leaving the workplace and stress when you leave at five to somebody else who also pays your paycheck.

Yes and stable income. Owning your own business is scary stuff because every month we make different.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 5:44 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
It really depends if your business is service based or if you're planning to be in retail or wholesale.... You will need much less $ to start a service based business. Sometimes you hardly need any $$. Do your research.

This is true. What kind of business?

I started my residential and kitchen design business with very little capital, because the business is dependent on my skills and expertise rather than a product — really it's a hobby/passion that turned into a business. I now also sell cabinets, but I did not start out offering a product.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics