Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Back to my art question

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:34 pm
Where do your kids do art?
My kids make a huge mess so I've been keeping it in the main area/dining room, but I'm wondering if there is a better option. Or how can I protect my dining room table while they do art?
I'm also looking for a neat way to keep art supplies on shelves. I do not have space for a storage unit but I do have 2 deep empty shelves. I can possibly move things around and have one large drawer.
Any advice?

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:04 pm
Do you have an outdoor porch/yard? In the nice weather, send them out and hose things down after. Indoors, use plastic tablecloths to protect your table.

Storage- labeled covered bins are great. If you have a closet door, get an over the door shoe storage thing with clear pockets. Those are great for markers, glue, scissors, etc and can be out of sight when you close the door.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 1:10 pm
lamplighter wrote:
Where do your kids do art?
My kids make a huge mess so I've been keeping it in the main area/dining room, but I'm wondering if there is a better option. Or how can I protect my dining room table while they do art?
I'm also looking for a neat way to keep art supplies on shelves. I do not have space for a storage unit but I do have 2 deep empty shelves. I can possibly move things around and have one large drawer.
Any advice?

I try to use a disposable tablecloth that covers the table fully for art projects.

If possible, the most convenient could be drawers that fit into the 2 deep empty shelves. Then you can pull out the paint drawer and bring it to the table, then return it right to its place. The drawer on the table serves as a functional tray too.

And/or compartmentalized turning lazy susans that can be brought out for use and returned the way they are. Those are also very functional during craft use. Spin and find the markers in one compartment, the sketch pencils in another...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics