Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Teen girls doesn't want to go bra shopping

Israeli40  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:16 am
We got the first round two years ago. Now she grew and her old ones have holes! I took her into a store a few months ago and she ran out. Today I tried to get her to come to a store by private appointment (no one else around) and she said "just bring them home for me." Obviously I can't, but she refused to come, could be was a bit teary. Any ideas?

DrMom  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:19 am
Why? Do you take her to stores with intrusive fitters and sales ladies?

salt  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:20 am
Firstly, if you know her rough size (eg. from her current bras) you can go without her - and bring home a few options - check out in the shop if you can return them.
I did that for my DD a few months ago - she's fine talking to me about it, and explaining to me exactly what she wants, but just doesn't like going into shops.
I went to Maayan Stub in town (Jerusalem), described them what I'm looking for, asked for 32A, 30A, 32AA - ie. a few similar sizes, and asked them if I can return what is no good.

They said yes - DD tried them on at home, chose what was best, and I returned the others and replaced them with the good size.

I think the reason why my DD was put off going by herself was because I once went with her, we asked the saleslady what we were looking for, and she looked at DD's chest which is fairly flat, and said with a smile "do you want a little padded?" - I think that made her feel very self conscious.

Last edited by salt on Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Miranda Wright

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:31 am
Some questions to ask - would she prefer a different store? Would she be more comfortable going alone, or with someone other than you? Can she take her best measurement in the bathroom at home and order a couple of options online until you figure out the correct size, and return the rest?

amother
Linen  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 6:45 am
I bought a few on Amazon and kept the one she liked.

salt

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:01 am
amother Linen wrote:
I bought a few on Amazon and kept the one she liked.

Same, but from Next.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:10 am
Can you just take her to a department store where you can pick things off the rack by yourself and try them on in a dressing room without having to interact with any salespeople?

Or give her cash so she can do that herself?

I also wouldn't want a "private appointment" with a saleslady just to buy a bra if I were a teenager.

violet1

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:16 am
This was me as an adolescent.
I felt so uncomfortable and awkward and embarrassed. I don't think there would have been anything my mother could do to make it easier.

amother
  Linen

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 7:26 am
Look for Warners women's cloud 9 online.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:39 am
My daughter is an odd size 38A. We had a few misses when people made off comments. I called a store ahead of time and spoke to the salesperson. Told her how I would like my daughter treated. And she cooperated and it went well so we go there each time

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 12:04 pm
Comments are horrible. Don't say do you want padded or minimizer

Israeli40  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 6:51 pm
Thank you for all of the suggestions! I spent hours today going back and forth from the store for her, and she was so happy.

saralem

Post Tue, Jul 23 2024, 6:00 pm
You are a terrific mom!!

Israeli40

Post Wed, Jul 24 2024, 9:47 am
saralem wrote:
You are a terrific mom!!

Thanks! I can definately use that!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children