Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Climbing dome for backyard - can anyone recommend a brand?

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:13 pm
Looking to get a climbing dome. On amazon

Either:
with swing

with sauce swing

or
with hammock/trampoline

Can anyone recommend the brand they have if you are happy with it? And which of the three above do you recommend?

Thanks

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Looking to get a climbing dome. On amazon

Either:
with swing

with sauce swing

or
with hammock/trampoline

Can anyone recommend the brand they have if you are happy with it? And which of the three above do you recommend?

Thanks

I’ve never see a climbing dome with a swing, perhaps that appeals to kids. But from the many people I know with climbing domes, their kids never touch them. Waste of money and space.

amother
NeonOrange  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:18 pm
We have a lifetime brand climbing dome. The accessories come seperately.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:54 pm
My in laws have a dome. The kids dont touch it... They all love the trampoline, hammocks and swings way more.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 5:59 pm
We have the lifetime dome and bought a saucer swing separately. We don’t have space for a swing set and my kids are happy with it.

amother
PlumPink  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:08 pm
I have a dome. There is a very short time window when the kids like it.
But when they do they are obsessed with it.
Usually around 18 months old - 2.5 years

My other kids still occasionally play with it but not like that age...

We also have a swing set with a slode and climbing bars. And an indoor 6" trampoline. (Perfect for the rainy days and winter months!)

This is what we have. (Without the accessories) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....ss_tl
We paid $100 around 6 years ago. It's still in great condition.

amother
  NeonOrange

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 6:10 pm
amother PlumPink wrote:
I have a dome. There is a very short time window when the kids like it.
But when they do they are obsessed with it.
Usually around 18 months old - 2.5 years

My other kids still occasionally play with it but not like that age...

We also have a swing set with a slode and climbing bars. And an indoor 6" trampoline. (Perfect for the rainy days and winter months!)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002.....ss_tl

My kids like the domes until at least 5. My 7 yo still plays with it. It definitely depends on your kids.

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 17 2024, 11:08 pm
Wow, thank you so much everyone!

I really thought they would like the climbing dome.

Plum pink - the one you posted is one of the ones I'm considering. But you said your kids only liked it till 2 and a half! Mine are 5 and 9 B"H. He is a very small 9 year old. And it's $200 now.

In fact, the reason why I don't want to get an expensive ($2000) swing set is because I feel like they will quickly get bored of it. But my son's best friend has the climbing dome and my kids sound enthusiastic about it. Of course, anything we own will quickly get boring so I don't know...

I am also thinking about a hammock and/or a saucer swing. But we don't have trees for them, so I'd have to get the kind with the stand.

I'm not willing to get a regular trampoline, but I am open the the 7 ft one. I don't know if that will be interesting for them or not.

Still open to everyone's thoughts and suggestions!

amother
  OP  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 12:14 am
Update:

I spoke to my husband and he vetoed the climbing dome. Agreed that kids will get bored.

Choices now are:

1. Swing set with 2 swings - very large footprint. and ground needs to be level. Anyone know who could level the ground for me?

2. saucer swing with stand (cuz we don't have trees for it). (but the one I saw had bad reviews)

3. 7 ft trampoline

4. hammock but just for me and my husband. He doesn't want the kids to use it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

amother
Molasses  

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 2:50 am
I know you already vetoed, but I have a climbing dome (The bigger Lifetime one) no accessories because I have a swingset.

My kids are actively climbing and scrambling on it from 2 to 9, and then climbing on it to sit snd shmooze (girls) until about 12/13.

Boys use it less as they get older but still climb up durjng a chasing game.

Its swarming with kids every shobbos or amy time theres a group playing together.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2024, 6:52 am
Jungle jumperoo

amother
  OP  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 8:26 pm
What is a jungle jumparoo? Can you post a link/picture? Is it a monkey jump?

Update:
My husband and I went out to our small backyard and decided against the swing set. It would take up too much of the backyard.

So our current plan is:
1. Saucer swing with stand
2. 7ft (kids) trampoline
3. either a hammock or a lounge chair for me and him.

Open to any thoughts/recommendations - especially about whether we should get a hammock or a lounge chair

thanks

emee2

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 9:59 pm
amother OP wrote:

Update:
My husband and I went out to our small backyard and decided against the swing set. It would take up too much of the backyard.

So our current plan is:
2. 7ft (kids) trampoline

Open to any thoughts/recommendations - especially about whether we should get a hammock or a lounge chair

thanks

I think a 7 ft trampoline is very small! We had the lifetime climbing dome and a 10 ft trampoline. Both get a lot of play but the trampoline is small!

amother
  Molasses  

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:06 pm
amother OP wrote:

Update:

So our current plan is:
2. 7ft (kids) trampoline

thanks

I definitely dont think a hammock. Thats not something you want to sit in all the time.

What do you mean by a lounge chair? Like a lie down chair for one?
I suggest a bench for two or more and ottoman.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 21 2024, 10:11 pm
We just bought a dome for our backyard. We also have a 12 ft trampoline. We have a few boys and they play a lot of baseball in our backyard. A swingset is too costly right now. I don’t expect them to be on it all day but I think it will be like our trampoline where sometimes they will be on it all the time and other times not. We bought one with a hammock and a swing which was just on sale.
FYI- my neighbors have a beautiful swingset and their kids are never on it. We have a saucer swing and baby swing attached to a tree also and they are constantly on it. It’s a big joke that they love our 60$ saucer swing more than their thousand dollar swingset. And we are so happy to share!
Kids will have their on and off times with all toys and I think it’s very normal.

amother
  OP  

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:13 am
Thanks everyone.

I don't want to get a regular size trampoline. (What size is a normal size trampoline?).
I wanted to get something smaller and safer.
Do you think 7 ft is TOO small? For a 5 year old and a very small 9 year old?

Re lounge chairs. I'm not sure even where to start.
I want to be able to enjoy being outside while the kids play.
I'm picturing a laying down type chair but I'm not sure.
Any ideas what to even search for or what stores to go to to see?

Thanks for the perspective - it is crazy how the big swing sets don't get so much use and the smaller stuff does.
I'm not taking the climbing dome completely off my list. Maybe next summer. I thought my kids would love it but one thing at a time.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 1:23 am
How about an egg type of chair?

https://www.amazon.com/Hanging.....RPMMF

Some of them come with footrests.

When choosing the size of the trampoline, remember that children grow, and you want it to last a few years.

amother
  OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 3:34 pm
Thank you!

amother
  Molasses

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:22 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I don't want to get a regular size trampoline. (What size is a normal size trampoline?).
I wanted to get something smaller and safer.
Do you think 7 ft is TOO small? For a 5 year old and a very small 9 year old?

Re lounge chairs. I'm not sure even where to start.
I want to be able to enjoy being outside while the kids play.
I'm picturing a laying down type chair but I'm not sure.
Any ideas what to even search for or what stores to go to to see?

Thanks for the perspective - it is crazy how the big swing sets don't get so much use and the smaller stuff does.
I'm not taking the climbing dome completely off my list. Maybe next summer. I thought my kids would love it but one thing at a time.

Ill reiterate and expand, a padded bench or outdoor couch for two with ottomwn so you can curl up or have a friend sit next to you.

I dont understand this talk of swingsets. Maybe, its because I have a giant swingset (double height) with three swings, plus tire, plus more but my kids are on my swingset all the time. when the 12 year old girls are not on the climbing dome they are on the swingset. When its quiet, even my post sem dd sits on the swings w her friends (or on the phone).

amother
  PlumPink

Post Mon, Jul 22 2024, 5:44 pm
amother Molasses wrote:
Ill reiterate and expand, a padded bench or outdoor couch for two with ottomwn so you can curl up or have a friend sit next to you.

I dont understand this talk of swingsets. Maybe, its because I have a giant swingset (double height) with three swings, plus tire, plus more but my kids are on my swingset all the time. when the 12 year old girls are not on the climbing dome they are on the swingset. When its quiet, even my post sem dd sits on the swings w her friends (or on the phone).

I agree! I have a pretty basic swing set.
3 swings. A basic slide and a few rugs to hang from.
The kids absolutely love it.

My oldest is 11 now. She still enjoys it.
In the summer the kids love pointing the sprinkler at the slide and a kiddi pool at the bottom of the slide and it's a water park!!!

The dome is in the area if the swings too.

I have a trampoline but in my basement indies. Best investment ever.
My kids ages 2-11 absolutely love it. It's amazing because in rainy days is wintertime when kids feel couped up, they still get to enjoy those. I also have a kiddy slide and show bikes for that large room.
It's separate from the regular playroom so there is no bumping into people playing with puzzles.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics