Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
I just found a vape in dd room

amother
OP  

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:18 am
She’s 17 and supposedly a pretty good girl. But just found out she vapes. Is this common amongst the teens nowadays?? We live in the tri state area.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:27 am
dont think its common among girls but its not unheard of

yachnabobba

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:35 am
Don’t do anything. Leave a note on her bed, say I noticed your vape . I know. I trust you used money earned responsibly and safely to buy it. Love Mommy

If she approaches you to discuss it after use all available self control to be non confrontational and non condemning take it from there

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:39 am
Educate yourself

https://www.maskmatters.org/vaping/

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 9:39 am
yachnabobba wrote:
Don’t do anything. Leave a note on her bed, say I noticed your vape . I know. I trust you used money earned responsibly and safely to buy it. Love Mommy

If she approaches you to discuss it after use all available self control to be non confrontational and non condemning take it from there

What if it isn't hers? Then this would really hurt their relationship

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 10:06 am
amother OP wrote:
She’s 17 and supposedly a pretty good girl. But just found out she vapes. Is this common amongst the teens nowadays?? We live in the tri state area.

I've seen yeshivish looking girls younger than 17 vaping....

amother
  OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 10:07 am
I should have written in the original post dh smokes and he won’t be stopping anytime soon. As much as I beg and beg he says he needs it. But now we have this I’m guessing dd thinking it’s ok. It’s also 100 percent hers as where it was laying right next to her phone and the way it was positioned. I’m also worried what’s going to be with my sons? One is little past bar mitzvah will he be picking up this horrible habit soon? And how do I stop all this when their father smokes??

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 10:24 am
yachnabobba wrote:

you literally contradict yourself. First you say don't do anything. Then you tell her how to actually do something, which is probably not the best approach.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 11:59 am
amother OP wrote:
I should have written in the original post dh smokes and he won’t be stopping anytime soon. As much as I beg and beg he says he needs it. But now we have this I’m guessing dd thinking it’s ok. It’s also 100 percent hers as where it was laying right next to her phone and the way it was positioned. I’m also worried what’s going to be with my sons? One is little past bar mitzvah will he be picking up this horrible habit soon? And how do I stop all this when their father smokes??

Have you had open conversations with her about vaping before this? Do you tell your husband off in front of her? I think the first thing if you haven't had conversations with her is to start there. Talk to her about your worries. Talk to her about addiction. Talk to her about health. Listen to her point of view. Validate, understand and educate.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 16 2024, 12:35 pm
Finding one doesn't mean she vapes consistently.
My son same age vapes a few times a year when he gets together with certain friends. I thank Hashem that's all it is.
Just ask her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children