65%  [ 108 ]
I pack for him  
 34%  [ 57 ]
Total Votes : 165

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:02 pm
Just curious:)
Do you pack for your husband or does ur husband pack for himself?

Even just for a shabbos away

amother
Jasmine

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:03 pm
He packs himself. He’s an adult it’s his stuff. Why wouldn’t he pack it?

ittsamother

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:04 pm
It takes him 5 minutes to pack for himself. He has a list on his phone, quickly runs through it as he packs, and is done super quick. I pack myself and all the kids, it's a big job. He then helps me with packing basics like diapers, wipes, snacks, blankies, etc, things he can figure out on his own for the most part by now.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:22 pm
He packs himself + for me + for the kids Smile

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:34 pm
He packs for himself and then we play the game What did DH Forget?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:38 pm
I pack for him:)
I know he’s capable of doing it but I don’t mind and this way I can pack everything how I like it.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:43 pm
Haha sore ish topic

One of the first times we went away and I packed his stuff I didn’t pack his shabbos tzitzis cuz heck I was new to this stuff, I doubt I even knew he changed his tzitzis before shabbos….

I once told dh I’m not packing his stuff he should please pack. We were going away for shabbos locally…. He came home on shabbos soaked in sweat from a long walk home from shul in the heat and he said did you pack me another undershirt? Um no.

Lately I make it clear to him that I’m not packing his stuff and he needs to do it himself

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:45 pm
he packs himself. So do my teens. My tween can nearly pack herself but I need to make her a list.

I pack myself and anything related to food, entertainment, games. (We usually take road trips and stay in airbnbs).

I can’t imagine seeking out more demands on not only my time but especially my mental load.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:47 pm
I park undergarments and pjs he's in charge of the rest of his stuff. I can't tell the difference btw all the black pants white shirts and beketchas in closet.
(big kids all pack pack themselves plus,one younger child)

mommyhood

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:51 pm
He packs his clothing, I pack toiletries, food, any extras for everyone.

amother
Almond

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 7:57 pm
He packs himself mostly but it’s me that deals with the fallout - we went away for 2 weeks and he brought 2 shirts because “we” can do laundry lol. I was not a happy camper.

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:21 pm
I always pack for him. One time, he went away on his own (men's shabbos). I didn't pack for him, he kept complaining to the kids "Isn't it weird. Totty is packing himself. Mommy forgot how to pack. Mommy isn't packing for Totty. Totty has to do it all by himself- crazy, right?"...

He's got some issues...

momma 17

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:12 pm
I pack basic clothing for him and he packs the rest shoes,suit,tie etc..

my mama

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:17 pm
I pack for everyone usually, especially if we're going away for shabbos. I somehow mastered the art of packing our smallish family into a single carryon suitcase, and no one else can replicate it.

If it's a longer trip he'll prepare the stuff he wants to take but I'll be the one physically putting it into the bags

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:27 pm
My dh packs for himself. Before we were married, he worked as a consultant and traveled a good part of the month for his job. I'm sure he has not forgotten how to do it. My mother always packed for my father and she was very defensive when I pointed out that my father was capable of packing himself. I think she viewed it as an act of love.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:34 pm
He packs for himself. I pack myself and the kids.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:35 pm
I grab his Shabbos shoes from the box while I’m grabbing everyone else’s. Otherwise he’s on his own.
Heck my 5 year old is learning to pack himself (with reminders every step- now get 5 pairs of underwear. Good. Now 4 weekday socks and a pair of Shabbos socks….)

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:54 pm
When we go away as a family I pack for him. (This way if anything is missing, he can blame me, ya know?) Well sort of. He puts stuff on the bed and I put it into the suitcase. He’s quite capable of doing it himself (I know this because when he goes away by himself he packs for himself) but this is what his mother did, and it’s what he expects from me. I don’t like it and I’ve tried to change it, but he won’t budge.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:35 pm
I pack his clothing. He's for sure capable, but when our family is sharing bags, I'm better at fitting it all and I like to know where everything is. It's also an easy way to get the packing started because I don't have to think about what to bring like I do for myself and the kids. He does his toiletries, accessories and tallis bag.

Generally I do the packing while he washes the dishes and vacuums before we leave. I'm quite happy with that arrangement Smile

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 11:48 pm
He packs his own things, but I pack the family things (cooking utensils, etc.) and set guidelines for what the kids should pack.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics