Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How much do you pay for (daily) babysitting? Monsey

amother
OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:41 am
My babysitter is raising the price to $850 a month starting in September. My baby is one of 4 babies there and her hours are 9-3, no Fridays. Is this reasonable?
How much do you pay? Please include how many babies, the hours, and if your babysitter is a Hispanic lady who comes to your house.
(I think chassidish babysitters in monsey charge less so I’m gearing this more to the litvish crowd. Just trying to get a sense of what the rates are now)
Thanks!

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 5:44 am
I am paying $700 next year. There is 10 babies for 2 Morahs. Hours: 9:30-2:30 and Fridays 9:30-12:10. My baby will be 8 months.

Edit: Morahs are 2 frum mothers

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 8:38 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
I am paying $700 next year. There is 10 babies for 2 Morahs. Hours: 9:30-2:30 and Fridays 9:30-12:10. My baby will be 8 months.

Edit: Morahs are 2 frum mothers

Thanks for the info

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:03 am
Yes that’s the average monsey price for what you described. She is not overcharging you. I mean you can get for cheaper but with terrible ratios. 4 babies is a great group size! Is she legal?

Edit: I pay $850/month for 2 morahs with 12 toddlers (3 year olds).

amother
  OP  

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 9:47 am
amother Green wrote:
Yes that’s the average monsey price for what you described. She is not overcharging you. I mean you can get for cheaper but with terrible ratios. 4 babies is a great group size! Is she legal?

Edit: I pay $850/month for 2 morahs with 12 toddlers (3 year olds).

I hear.
She’s not legal. Yes it’s a great group size that’s why I’m staying.
Twelve 3 year olds is also a good size. There are so many playgroups with 20 toddlers to 2 Morahs 😵‍💫

amother
  OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 6:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
My babysitter is raising the price to $850 a month starting in September. My baby is one of 4 babies there and her hours are 9-3, no Fridays. Is this reasonable?
How much do you pay? Please include how many babies, the hours, and if your babysitter is a Hispanic lady who comes to your house.
(I think chassidish babysitters in monsey charge less so I’m gearing this more to the litvish crowd. Just trying to get a sense of what the rates are now)
Thanks!

Anyone else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics