Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Bas mitzvah gift for daughter/sister ideas

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:29 pm
We don't make a party, as per school rules and bday girl's wishes, so I feel like she could get more gifts. It'll make her feel special on this special day...
From us, parents - was thinking piece of jewelry and a scooter she wanted. Maybe a surprise?
One sibling wants to get her a sefer- any ideas? Up to about 70-80$ budget.
Another sibling wants to get her something but doesn't know what - $10-20 budget.
The rest will chip in together - $15-20 budget.

We are willing to up one of the budgets if needed by $20 to compensate (parents would pay extra) , if it's for a nicer gift.

My bas mitzvah DD is a very sweet girl. Seriously very nice and kind. She doesn't have so many interests though. She likes to read, and do art / crafts (though she's not so artistic or creative).
She's very studious, though not book smart. She works hard.

Any ideas??

Ps she doesn't ever leave home at night, so no sleepover paraphernalia.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:46 pm
Even if with all that you Said their is plenty to buy her.
Personalized items.
Siddor,machzorim,brush.
Jewelry box if she'll be getting jewelry. Personalized hair accessory organizer
What about a fanny pack if she doesn't have one yet or wallet.
A lamp,chair for her room. Or room upgraded accessories.
Art lessonsons-she may enjoy art more with some lessons.
Maybe an upgraded backpack. If she wanted one that's not in your regular school budget.
Gift card to a store she loves and she picks out what she likes. You could get her gift card registry

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:46 pm
From you the parents a nice piece of real jewelry she will treasure forever and a scooter for her to enjoy daily are both amazing gifts and there is no need for more. You can however take her out to eat or ice cream or somewhere special just you and your husband and her.

The Sefer part is where I’m stuck at, which bas mitzvah girl has the use for a Sefer? Maybe they can do a nice book set or just a gorgeous siddur /Tehillim set. Does she have machzorim yet? If not that’s mother option.

The sibling who wants to spend $10-$20 can get her a nice craft set like diamond art, paint by number (you can get a nice custom one with a gorgeous picture of DD alone or with siblings or the entire family https://a.co/d/05o6qmBP) , a beading set etc.

The rest of the siblings chipping in together can get her a nice set of bags which can be used for makeup, skin stuff, hair stuff, jewelry etc. (like stony clover ones https://a.co/d/0c15fngM , there are tons of other sizes and styles) Or they can get her a nice wallet, bag, or watch.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 11:53 pm
I would suggest the siblings chip in together and buy a set of artscroll machzorim. That covers the "sefer" category.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:08 am
An Artscroll Tanach might be a good option for the sefer. It's hard to say, without knowing how much she is interested in learning from sefarim, but owning her own Tanach is always useful.
Or else, perhaps, one sefer, and a gift card for the rest of the money, so she can choose whatever sefarim appeal to her.

Maybe some of the others could buy her a paint by number kit. This company has some nice Jewish themed ones, and there are lots more options of you google.
https://dreamjudaica.com/produ.....bers/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:26 am
Thank you for all the wonderful ideas!

She actually has machzorim from grandparents.
She has siddur/tehilim from different bday.

Jewelry box is a good idea. Any recommendations?
Custom paint by number is a good idea. My friend once showed me an amazing one her son made for her. But I remember her telling me that it needs to have lots of colors included to look real. Any recommendations?

My child who wants to buy a sefer- actually bought a different DD an English Hebrew artscroll set on Chumash. She loves having it bh. But my child doesn't want to buy the same exact thing for this next DD, plus doesn't want to spend as much either.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2024, 12:31 am
amother Beige wrote:
Even if with all that you Said their is plenty to buy her.
Personalized items.
Siddor,machzorim,brush.
Jewelry box if she'll be getting jewelry. Personalized hair accessory organizer
What about a fanny pack if she doesn't have one yet or wallet.
A lamp,chair for her room. Or room upgraded accessories.
Art lessonsons-she may enjoy art more with some lessons.
Maybe an upgraded backpack. If she wanted one that's not in your regular school budget.
Gift card to a store she loves and she picks out what she likes. You could get her gift card registry

Thank you for all your ideas!

Where can I get personalized gifts online? I don't live in a big city.

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics