Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Wedding Gift for Babysitter

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2024, 10:22 pm
My babysitter has been working for our family for many years. She is getting married and I'd like to get her a nice gift. Hoping to spend under $200. Any suggestions? She is 30 years old, not jewish, and I don't know of any specific interests, so it needs to be a generic type of gift that many people would like.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 3:46 am
Does she have a wedding registry?

Also is she going to keep working for you or is she retiring?

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:02 am
Something from her registry.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:43 am
She doesn't have a registry. Yes she will continue working for me.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 6:50 am
You know what's really cute and you can personalize some sort of key holder like something to mount near the front door with hooks and keys

sara1232

Post Tue, Jul 09 2024, 7:11 am
amother OP wrote:
My babysitter has been working for our family for many years. She is getting married and I'd like to get her a nice gift. Hoping to spend under $200. Any suggestions? She is 30 years old, not jewish, and I don't know of any specific interests, so it needs to be a generic type of gift that many people would like.

I'd say a nice home decor item. Maybe a nice newspaper stand, nice vase with fake flowers etc. Be sure to include a gift receipt.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 3:18 am
I would recommend something useful for the kitchen like a toaster or coffee maker, oven mitts and an apron, or a set of bathroom towels. You could also buy a silver plated picture frame for their wedding picture. Just make sure to get a gift receipt if you're not buying from a registry. You could also just give her a check.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jul 11 2024, 4:07 am
What is her demographics. Is she poor and need things?
Bing you pay her regularly, as much as cash is king, I feel like it would “get lost” in her regular pay and be forgotten as easily as the holiday tip. But, as you are giving a substantial amount, I would as her what are some things she needs and wants and try to get her to make you a list of a few items to choose from/you pick out a few items in your price point and ask her if these are of interest to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics