Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Behaviors in children

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 3:35 pm
It seems like far too often on threads on imamother a mom states an issue she’s having with a child and many responses jump to assume that the kid has some sort of issue I.e. needs a diagnosis of some sort. Now, I’m not opposed to this at all, and yes please get the help you need. But please do yourself a favor and think about ur own actions and see when and where this behavior is occurring. Wouldn’t you rather change one step in ur behavior to break the cycle? Isn’t that easier than spending the time, money… for an eval??
All I ask is do some research on behavioral contingencies and take a good look at ur responses to behaviors before “laying the blame” on some four letter/three letter diagnosis.
Not every child exhibiting behavioral problems has ASD/ADHD/or a personality disorder.

As a side point, any adult would lash out if they felt violated. It can be a normal response to an emotionally charged situation.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 4:47 pm
Agree!!

amother
Moccasin

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 10:50 pm
I feel like by the time an ima is posting here, there's already a whole history and backstory and these things are a pattern and come along with a whole cluster of behaviors. If it were a one off, she likely wouldn't be posting about it.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 07 2024, 3:50 am
People forget kids are still kids! They don't act perfectly all the time! And they don't develop exactly as a textbook says. Because of Covid many kids missed out on socializing and that affected development. Teachers especially should not jump to diagnosing kids that don't behave.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics