Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Cookie sheets

lk1234

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 8:33 am
How often do you replace cookie sheets. I just used mine and I guess didn't line it well enough because it's now all burned - I tried baking soda, bar keeper, scour pad - nothing works.

Its not the first time this has happened and in the past I've just gone back to disposable for a while. But I'd love to have real cookie sheets that I can just clean to perfection even if they get baked on blackness.

calvinhobbs

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:37 am
So I’m weird and I love a good scrub when I’m a little angry or upset or lost. So I clean it with a scrubber and soap after each use (and always line it) but I give it a real good job when I need to give some feelings out.

ftm1234

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:41 am
lk1234 wrote:
How often do you replace cookie sheets. I just used mine and I guess didn't line it well enough because it's now all burned - I tried baking soda, bar keeper, scour pad - nothing works.

Its not the first time this has happened and in the past I've just gone back to disposable for a while. But I'd love to have real cookie sheets that I can just clean to perfection even if they get baked on blackness.

St Moritz? My husband uses that for anything in the kitchen that doesn't come off with baking soda lol

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 10:42 am
Im married almost 19 years. I still have the same baking sheets we bought before we got married.
I use baking paper so the actual sheet stays fine.
Why not start using baking paper? It will help a lot.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:19 am
I have never replaced mine. I have my mother's, which are old enough to collect Social Security themselves, plus the ones I bought myself. I scour with steel wool when necessary. Mom's don't get completely shiny anymore but so what? They still work fine.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:25 am
Aren't they meant to get darker & less shiny with time? As long as it's clean, they're fine to use.

Goody2shoes

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 11:29 am
I use EZ off to remove any ashes and scrub it with steel wool, usually works.
In the future maybe line it better with parchment paper?

lk1234

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 2:36 pm
which cookie sheets last this long? I have wilton and its burnt to a crisp. A little liquid got on the sides and its impossible to scrub.

Can you please link to amazon cookie sheets the ones that when lined will last a long time? I'd really really appreciate.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 4:50 pm
the ones from the 1970s will last forever. the ones you buy these days? get replaced often. even if you line them with foil.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 5:22 pm
Wilton is flimsy. Buy something nice and heavy and you can yarshen it to your grandchildren.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jul 05 2024, 5:26 pm
I like the Nordicware brand.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Jul 06 2024, 4:41 pm
Go to a restaurant supply store and get from there. They are made for heavy use.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics