Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planning for relatives visiting Tel Aviv in December

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 01 2024, 2:06 pm
My daughter is getting married IYH later this year. I'm a BT from the US originally, my sibling and his wife still live there. They've said they'd like to come in for the wedding and I'm thrilled!

They've both been to Israel before on Birthright but otherwise don't have a lot of experience with visiting the country. They're not Orthodox but are members of a Conservative (I think?) shul and pretty involved in Jewish life there. Their toddler will be 2.5 by the time they visit. My SIL is trying to get pregnant but may or may not be by the time they're here.

I know I'll get swept up in wedding planning soon enough but they've asked me for any tips or advice putting their trip together and I'd like to help. I told them I recommended getting an AirBNB in the Tel Aviv area and then they can walk to the beach, the market, shops, etc and then take day trips for everywhere else they'd need or want to go.

Does this make sense? Anything else you would recommend for a family with a toddler visiting in December?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Jul 14 2024, 11:02 pm
Some of the things they may enjoy seeing are the spice market and Shuk HaCarmel. They may also like Sarona Market. Neither of those is particularly for kids, but they can push their child in a stroller and get some food for tasting.
There is an observatory at the top of the Azrieli Tower Mall with interesting overviews of the city. The mall aslo has toy stores and will have fantastic assortments of kosher Sufganiyot in December and other kosher snacks. If the weather is warm, they can head to the beach and the Tayelet for a stroll, which also has some playgrounds (Nemal Tel Aviv Playground and Marc Chagall Playground.) The city is alive at Chanukah and being around the beach is a fun twist.

Here is a post with activities for families in Tel Aviv. Check to see if it is up to date and if the activities are appropriate:
imeout.com/israel/things-to-do/family-friendly-things-to-do-in-tel-aviv

Also, check out the site for an amusement park near Ramat Aviv in the North
https://www.lunapark.co.il/?categoryId=120097

The Carlton Hotel has a great breakfast buffet and they were kid friendly when we stayed there a few years ago. Hot tip: get your family a bubble gun as a welcome gift, so they can make bubbles on their terrace or on the beach. If the weather is lousy, they can also do it in the bathroom at the hotel. That will entertain their child. We also hunted down kosher McDonalds. The Happy Meals made for Happy Kids.

Depending on the weather and the situation with the war, they could go to Hamat Gader or Gan Garoo.

Here is a list of restaurants. Please check to make sure they are still up to date. Hungarian Blintzes on Yirmiyahu Street has been around for 35+ years and is my favorite dairy place. It's kid friendly food.:
https://www.koshernear.me/list.....-aviv

Here are listings for Jerusalem activities. It might be fun to take the train with their child.
https://www.funinjerusalem.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics