Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
S/O Expect from counselors

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 6:57 pm
Can I expect the counselors for older 2 year old who is newly trained to help her in the bathroom?

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 6:59 pm
How else is she supposed to go to the bathroom?

amother
Hosta

Yes, because she’s newly trained, cannot be expected to remember by herself.

amother
Canary

amother OP wrote:
Can I expect the counselors for older 2 year old who is newly trained to help her in the bathroom?

To help her in the bathroom - yes. To help reinforce the training - no.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:03 pm
I think they’ll take her when it’s bathroom time and maybe ask her more often as she is new to this but to wipe her I don’t think so.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:04 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
I think they’ll take her when it’s bathroom time and maybe ask her more often as she is new to this but to wipe her I don’t think so.

Exactly.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:13 pm
Anyone making a camp for 2 year olds needs to expect to change diapers or help with bathrooming.

I have a newly trained 2 year old and I sent her in a pull-up and told the morahs they can either encourage her to use the potty or change the pull ups, whatever's easier for them.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:36 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
Anyone making a camp for 2 year olds needs to expect to change diapers or help with bathrooming.

I have a newly trained 2 year old and I sent her in a pull-up and told the morahs they can either encourage her to use the potty or change the pull ups, whatever's easier for them.

Yes that’s true but the reality is the main Morah isn’t taking them it’s the 14 yo assistant counselor which is taking them and she won’t.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:41 pm

Of course they would wipe her! They're being counselors for a 2 year old class! It's part if the job!
As a preschool Morah, anyone who is not ready to help with bathroom activities should not be working in preschool.
Same as anyone who is not ready to change diapers should not be working with babies.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:44 pm
Yes that’s true but the reality is the main Morah isn’t taking them it’s the 14 yo assistant counselor which is taking them and she won’t.

Are you talking from experience? That's terrible! Camp directors should be very explicit in explaining to all staff what the job entails.

GLUE

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:48 pm

When I did a 2 year old day camp I changed the diapers
I did send the assistant with the kids who are trained to the bathroom, however any kid that needed more help such as help with pulling down the underpants\pants pulling up or wiping I did it.
I would not expect someone at that age to do it.

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 7:53 pm
GLUE wrote:
When I did a 2 year old day camp I changed the diapers
I did send the assistant with the kids who are trained to the bathroom, however any kid that needed more help such as help with pulling down the underpants\pants pulling up or wiping I did it.
I would not expect someone at that age to do it.

That’s very nice when I did that age I had to do all the diapers in the pm and the other assistant in the am. (Pm was worse cuz poops). Main teacher never changed.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 27 2024, 9:04 pm
In general, counselors/morahs/assistants expect some diapers or helping in the bathroom for 2 year olds/maybe young 3 year olds. By 3-4 year old preschool is when they expect kids to be pretty much completely daytime potty trained

amother
Springgreen

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 2:22 am
amother Canary wrote:
To help her in the bathroom - yes. To help reinforce the training - no.

This. I work in a gan for 2 year olds. The morahs help when a kid needs to go, but will not keep asking if they have to go. As one morah said, a kid is toilet trained when they can tell you they need to go, not if they have to be asked every hour or half hour if they need to go.

Please keep that in mind. Very important.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 2:54 am
If she is semi trained then no. Especially if she poops in her pants.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jun 28 2024, 10:00 am
If you are making a camp for 2 years old, changing diapers and helping to the bathroom is kind of expected.

If they don't want to do those things, they should choose a slightly older age like 4 or 5.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps