Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
S\O BY curriculum Chasidish girls curriculum
1  2  3  Next

GLUE

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:02 pm
On a different thread someone was looking for a BY school for Chasidish girls.
Can someone explain to the clueless what is the difference between a BY curriculum and a Chasidish girls curriculum.

I am not looking to make fun of or bash I just want to know what is the big difference between the two.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:03 pm
Chassidish curriculum is usually less intense all around.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:05 pm
Specifically in Lubavitch:
Chumash
Tanya
Maamer*
Gemara**
Navi
Sichos
Inyanei geula moshiach
Parsha
Tfillah
Halacha
Yehadus/aka Bayis yehudi /bayis chassidi.

Regular
Math science English Spanish

ETA. *staring 11th grade. **11,12& sem.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:06 pm
GLUE wrote:
On a different thread someone was looking for a BY school for Chasidish girls.
Can someone explain to the clueless what is the difference between a BY curriculum and a Chasidish girls curriculum.

I am not looking to make fun of or bash I just want to know what is the big difference between the two.

The Satmar I know don’t learn anything from sforim and learn very basic.

GLUE

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:07 pm
amother Teal wrote:
Specifically in Lubavitch:
Chumash
Tanya
Maamer
Gemara
Navi
Sichos
Inyanei geula moshiach
Parsha
Tfillah
Yehadus/aka Bayis yehudi /bayis chassidi.

Regular
Math science English Spanish

Lubavitch teaches girls Gemara? Interesting

What is Yehadus/aka Bayis yehudi /bayis chassidi.?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:10 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Chassidish curriculum is usually less intense all around.

I'm not sure that's so true, we're just as intense.
I think it's fair to say that these days for sure the curriculum in a standard chassidish girls school is basically the same as a BY school.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:12 pm
GLUE wrote:
Lubavitch teaches girls Gemara? Interesting

What is Yehadus/aka Bayis yehudi /bayis chassidi.?

Only 12th grade and sem and it’s from photocopies of the actual Gemara. With some rashis. Random daf’s not in order.
Also some Chumash teachers bring in a fad that has to do with her class.

Bayis yehudi basically raising a frum
Home. Minhag of only sheitels and especially outside the house, Akers’s hangid & Big family ETC. bayis yehudi/chassidi are interchangeable. But also minhugim of the wedding and things like that.

amother
Viola

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:13 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I think it's fair to say that these days for sure the curriculum in a standard chassidish girls school is basically the same as a BY school.

Are the secular classes as rigorous?

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:15 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:

Depends which. My Belze neighbor didn't learn inside a Chumash. I don't think they learned more than Rashi. Satmar for sure doesn't. Many Chassidish schools in New York don't take regents or learn certain sciences in high school.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:17 pm
amother Viola wrote:
Are the secular classes as rigorous?

I think so, or at least in my school. Chol was no laughing matter, everything was prep for regents.
It's true that there's no emphasis on continuing education after highschool, so you might say that we're not learning things like calculus or whatever, but it's intense.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:19 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Depends which. My Belze neighbor didn't learn inside a Chumash. I don't think they learned more than Rashi. Satmar for sure doesn't. Many Chassidish schools in New York don't take regents or learn certain sciences in high school.

I'm not sure where you're from but my belzer friends and grade mates in BP learned Chumash inside with more then just Rashi.
They might not take regents but as far as I know they're from the one or two here in BP that don't take.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:23 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
I'm not sure where you're from but my belzer friends and grade mates in BP learned Chumash inside with more then just Rashi.
They might not take regents but as far as I know they're from the one or two here in BP that don't take.

I think it's a lot community dependent. I.e. BP schools will generally have a more intense learning schedule and majority will take regents. But Williamsburg and Monroe schools will have a relaxed learning schedule and almost no one takes regents.

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:25 pm
The schools that OP felt were too chassidish probably have a curriculum identical to any BY. Except they teach in Yiddish and possibly focus on ivrit and dikduk skills a tiny bit less.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:27 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:
I think it's a lot community dependent. I.e. BP schools will generally have a more intense learning schedule and majority will take regents. But Williamsburg and Monroe schools will have a relaxed learning schedule and almost no one takes regents.

Ok, makes sense.
I'm just pointing out that these are mostly Satmar influenced schools. I was talking about a standard chassidish school anywhere beside for KJ or Williamsburg.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 8:37 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:

Boro Park

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:01 pm
amother NeonGreen wrote:

I went to a Williamsburg school and we took regents. Our learning was pretty intense.
(I actually don't understand the point of regents, was torture for many of us.)

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:02 pm
amother Hunter wrote:
Boro Park

Belz BP does learn chumash & other subjects inside.

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:03 pm
Most chassidish schools curriculum today, isn't much different than BY.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:18 pm
amother Hunter wrote:

HUH! Belz as far as I know does, at least in most communities. Know for a fact that more than that was covered.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Jun 23 2024, 9:20 pm
Many don't do regents, but use previous regents as a base of learning. Chasidish schools are varying on the level of curriculum.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics